New to Myfitnesspal

Options
Hi all~

I am new here and I am on my count down to skinny! ha ha I have been working on my goal of 140 lbs for about a month now. I have hit 10 lbs lost. I still weigh 162 so I have some more to go. My sister uses this site and she is dropping weight like it is nothing so I thought that this would help me keep track of my calories! I have added a work out but, why don't they add any calories burned in the Strength training?

Thank you for reading and hope to hear from you all on your progress and maybe I can cheer you on!!

Lynn

Replies

• Quirkybelle
    Quirkybelle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie to weight loss. I'm glad I'm finally doing something about my weight. Oh btw my name is Brittany and I'm from Georgia y\. I have a one year, Olivia and a husband, Rocky. I gained 100 pounds after delivery. I weigh 268 and I have lost 10 pounds. This is first time I have ever did anything and not giving up. I'm finally doing something I want to do. I want to lose weight for me and not for anyone else. I have plenty of support from my husband. I would love more...so I hope to get a friend or two on this website.
  • JessieStuart
    Options
    Hi, I am new to fitness pal. First day I did a food diary entry and I am over my calories. Ahhh. As of right now I am trying to start a life style change. I have dieted several times only to give up the moment I gained a pound back. I need more support. I need someone telling me its ok and keep going. I tend to start off strong and then maintain or gain 1 pound and say its to hard. But as of right now I am ready for a change! I love to read everyone sucess stories! It will hopefully motivate me to keep going! My goal is to loose 70 lbs as of right now! I would love some ideas on what yall have done to loose weight and have friends that are in the same "boat" as me. Trying . We can support each other! Good Luck to everyone! We can and will do this!!!
  • MrsJohnston
    MrsJohnston Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You're going to love MFP :)Good luck on your journey!
  • BigL0s
    BigL0s Posts: 133
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! You'll find everyone is quite helpful, great community. Feel free to add me, good luck on your journey! (:
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm new here as well. I needed to track my food intake and it turns out I'm getting about 600-800 calories a day!! No wonder I gained weight.
  • vikkinow
    Options
    Just started too. Ill try to stay in touch as I can. Good luck for now!
  • juls262
    Options
    welcome! exact same stats as you! myfitnesspal is a great tool, I hope it works out for you! I'll add you as a friend :)
  • Jess102979
    Jess102979 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 6 days a week and I usually start with cardio and finish with strength training. I was wondering the same thing. You're still burning calories with the strength training so I think they should count.
  • TASoto
    TASoto Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congrats on joining,we are here for one another,add me as a friend if you want encouragement..
  • slim2013
    Options
    Keep At It Girl , You Can Do It !:smile: