Kitchen appliances: what do you have/what do you use?

2»

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    KitchenAid and Cuisinart are the only name-brands I will have in my kitchen...
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Appliances?
    index.jpg

We created a drill-bit capable of holding/spinning a special scrubbing sander for kitchen-grade equipment... cleaning both of our grills with a power drill
  • auntie_missy
    auntie_missy Posts: 113 Member
    I have a ton but besides the microwave, the only appliance I really use is the George Foreman - I love how fast it is! I use my immersion blender when making soup too, and over the summer I was a huge smoothie kick and bought the single serve cup attachment for my blender. but my enthusiasm died down a little. We just got a cake pop maker that I'm excited about. As far as gadgets, my favorite is the microwave popcorn bowl. At some point I'd like a mandolin.
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Food scale, oven toaster, blender and microwave. (I live in a dorm, so I understand completely about the space situation!)
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Appliances?
    index.jpg

Epic! :laugh:
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    I LOVE my Ninja blender/food processor thing, my juicer, my crock pot and coffee maker. I just got a food steamer for Christmas which will most likely get just as much use. I use my appliance at least 6 days a week. I think I would be lost without them.
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    I have a convection oven I just got - aka Nu-wave, etc. Mine's called Turbo Oven or something... it's AWESOME!
  • curbnoise
    curbnoise Posts: 37 Member
    Most used items are microwave, coffee maker, rice cooker, waffle iron and slow cooker. Next up is my food processor (I agree with some of the other posters--as I have gotten better at chopping by hand, its easier than cleaning that thing), hand mixer and occasionally my blender.

Oh and I almost forgot the thing I use the most (at least 2 or 3 times a day)... My food scale!
  • purpadillo
    purpadillo Posts: 45 Member
    I have a lot of kitchen appliances, but I think the two things I'd never give up are my crock pot and my Oster Food steamer. The food steamer is awesome. I can't make rice to save my life, but it doubles as a rice cooker. I also use it to steam sweet potatoes.
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    I could really use a food dehydrator... homemade sweet potato & banana chips :tongue:

I have a mandolin blade I like to use to make zucchini pasta

I use the oven on a very low heat (approx. 200) and it works well.
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    I could really use a food dehydrator... homemade sweet potato & banana chips :tongue:

I have a mandolin blade I like to use to make zucchini pasta

I use the oven on a very low heat (approx. 200) and it works well.

cool! thanks for the tip :)
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Vita mix gets used daily multiple times.
    I don't have a microwave.
    Kids use the toaster.
    I use a tea kettle for green tea once in awhile.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Believe it or not I use my oven a lot! I broil a lot and love it!!!!!!! I use my blender a lot so I can't imagine eating style without it. I do use more now my food processer. The foreman grill...microwave but that is more to reheat not to cook.
    But the greatest tool I have in the kitchen.......my GARLIC-PRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • TempeB
    TempeB Posts: 43 Member
    On second thought, I also have a kettle (used rather frequently, mostly for tea), a waffle iron (not any more, too much carbs), and a kitchen scale which is very helpful.
  • galvodka
    galvodka Posts: 102
    I have a ton but besides the microwave, the only appliance I really use is the George Foreman - I love how fast it is! I use my immersion blender when making soup too, and over the summer I was a huge smoothie kick and bought the single serve cup attachment for my blender. but my enthusiasm died down a little. We just got a cake pop maker that I'm excited about. As far as gadgets, my favorite is the microwave popcorn bowl. At some point I'd like a mandolin.

What does everyone cook in their George Foreman grill?? I love to cook but find that I don't know what else to do with my George Foreman grill other than chicken and turkey burgers.
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member

What does everyone cook in their George Foreman grill?? I love to cook but find that I don't know what else to do with my George Foreman grill other than chicken and turkey burgers.

veggies!!!

butternut squash, eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, asparagus, tofu, tempeh, polenta... I love to grill
  • JPDad
    JPDad Posts: 147
    Most used appliances:
    -Espresso Maker
    -Bread Maker
    -VitaMix
    -Crockpot
    - Pressure Cooker (ours is stove top, so not really an appliance)
    - Mixer

I agree with the other post about good kitchen knives. Keep them sharp and use the right knife for the job.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    I mostly use my Magic Bullet Blender and my parents' George Foreman grill (hello, substitute panini press).
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    I love appliances, I have been slowly growing, I would have to say in terms of tools the frying pan is my favorite, but a good set of knifes is also very important. My favorie appliance is my mixer even though some things I still need to mix by hand. I also would say a crock pot is very very valuble.