I need help with motivation!!

Options
I just battled breast cancer the past year and my body has lost all muscle mass and i have gained 25 pounds from steroids in chemo. I really need some help to get motivated!!!

Replies

• CariBeth1978
    CariBeth1978 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So you are a survivor then? (STANDS AND CLAPS).... Add many friends and keep many dieting buddies.... If you were strong enough to survive cancer you can do this girl!
  • BuildABetterMe
    Options
    After years of saying "I want to get into better shape and take my life back" I stumbled across this video. THIS is what finally got me off my butt, and got me moving.. LIVING!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbXgQqbOoU
  • mommyoverboard
    Options
    Not sure if you are religious, but my favoriteBible verse is I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength! Sometimes when i'm really pushing my limits I will say this to myself over and over until I reach my goal! good luck, friend!
  • ChrissyLu723
    ChrissyLu723 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    So happy to hear your battled it, I hope you continue to stay healthy :) Just count your calories, log your food and exercise and come here and talk, the people on this forum are so full of support they will all help you do this! Best of luck to you!!
    I just battled breast cancer the past year and my body has lost all muscle mass and i have gained 25 pounds from steroids in chemo. I really need some help to get motivated!!!
  • ddawn8fan
    Options
    would love to be buddy... we can do this together.. Never do it alone..you can add me as a friend.. my email is ddawn8fan@aol.com
  • jtdink1121
    Options
    You are already an inspiration for winning your battle! As we can see your already a strong person! You can do this!!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through. You've struggled, but you have made it. And you will continue to get healthier. I'm not great at inspiration but I know you will succeed if you believe. Take pictures often, and whenever you feel like you aren't making progress, take them out for comparison. Celebrate every small victory and let them buoy you up. You can do this.
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    The utmost respect!

You have battled, you're a warrior! I know you can shed the pounds! One step at a time.

We're all here for you!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I think you can be your own inspiration. You are a survivor and a fighter, and you CAN do this :) Steroids and chemo definitely make things harder (I've had both for lupus on a much smaller scale) but they don't make it impossible to eat healthy. It just means you have a bit more to overcome than other people, but you've already done that so you've obviously got the strength in you.

Advice wise, as a chronically ill person, take it slow and make sure you're giving your body the good stuff it needs. Crash diets are not your friend especially when recovering from a long illness. Good luck-- you can do it!
  • danielle53102
    danielle53102 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You are so strong !!! We can do this !!!!