BODY BUGG, BODY MEDIA, OR FIT BIT

Options
Do they all require you to get a membership? Which is easiest to use? Thinking about upgrading

Replies

• Aprillsmith
    Options
    I would say definitely not body bugg. Its waaaay too complicated and it requires a paid membership. I finally got mine connected after almost an hour on the phone with technical support and I still don't like it. Its definitely going back to 24hr fitness! I will just stock to what the machine says and mfp. It definitely isn't worth the money. I feel like I need a whole class on how to use this thing and what exactly all the numbers mean as far as calories burned. Needless to say, I don't like it at all.
  • ktamez33
    Options
    Body media fit Core! I just got the display/wristband today and it's great too! The Core is super easy to use and very motivating! Instead of gaining over the holidays, I lost 3 lbs!
  • Aprillsmith
    Options
    Body media fit Core! I just got the display/wristband today and it's great too! The Core is super easy to use and very motivating! Instead of gaining over the holidays, I lost 3 lbs!

Does it require a subscription? Do you have to input your daily caloric intake also?
  • healthieryou
    Options
    that's horrible girl, my polar is starting to act up and I just wanted something else but with all those problems I don't know if I would be making a good investment
  • smoochums
    smoochums Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a Body Media also. You do have to get a subscription. You can choose from 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or 1 year. One month is $12.95. The cost per month gets lower if you sign up for more time.

You wear the devise on your upper left arm all day. You take it off and hook it up to your computer with a USB cord. The device syncs with the program and gives you your days information. How many calories burned, steps, how much physical activity and sleep duration. You can use the same program to input the calories you eat, and it gives you a side by side comparison. I do not use it to log my calories, their "library" of food items is very limited.

I have had mine for several years. I used it to loose weight after my daughter was born, but once I got a good idea of how many calories I burned per day, I quit paying the subscription and just used a service like this. It takes about 5-10 days to get a good idea of how many calories you burn on a normal day. I am now using it again. I only signed up for the 1 month subscription. Let me know if you have any other questions!

13798954.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • imafatloser
    Options
    I have the Fitbit and I love it. It's reasonably priced, very easy to set up, use, and requires no extra fees. I also like the small size-it's easily hidden on your clothing. Fitbit seems to be accurate and sometimes it even motivates me to be busier throughout the day. I can't think of anything negative to say about it.

FYI, it's not a heart rate monitor. It's not worn during exercise, you wear it during your regular daily routine to measure steps taken/calories burned/etc.

Good luck-hope whatever you choose helps you meet your goals!