Look out world

Options
I'm THIS close to exercising! :tongue:

All I've managed to do is upper body strength training (arms only, really, except some girly pushups)
I just can't muster the energy/motivation to do cardio! (or lower body) Did my legs stop working or go on strike?)

Someone please give me a creative excuse to take the plunge! What worked for you???

Replies

• tosize2
    tosize2 Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm THIS close to exercising! :tongue:

All I've managed to do is upper body strength training (arms only, really, except some girly pushups)
    I just can't muster the energy/motivation to do cardio! (or lower body) Did my legs stop working or go on strike?)

Someone please give me a creative excuse to take the plunge! What worked for you???
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    You just have to force yourself to do it. Treat it like its an appt. you have to make. Don't give youself an option. I treat exercising as if its something I have to do. Like work.:grumble: And those days I really REALLY don't feel like it are the days I make sure I do it. I always feel better AFTER the fact. Once I accomplish it I'm so proud of myself, not to mention those endorphins that kick in :drinker: Find an exercise that's fun. I do TaeBo and I enjoy it. There are dancing workouts, pilates, yoga, you name it. Find one you enjoy and get to it. :flowerforyou:
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I agree. Just jump right in. Also, sign up for a class, if possible. I'm in boot camp twice a week, and it's really helping me stay on track.
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Find something that you might find fun. I'm not a gym bunny in any way, the thought of the gym just turns me off...so I do swimming and walking for cardio (if you swim breast stroke properly it is a great calorie burner!) and I do body balance and pilates classes for toning. These classes can include light weights, so that is more than enough for me!
  • brandyb1995
    brandyb1995 Posts: 10
    Options
    I agree ~ Some days, after I have worked all day, then picked up the kids to go home to fix dinner / baths / homework/ etc, I SERIOUSLY do NOT feel like doing anything except plopping my lazy butt on our fabulously comfy comfy couch, watch our wonderful 60+" flatscreen plasma tv, while enjoying the ac and some reese puffs cereal with my kids....HOWEVER I just can't do that every single day unless I want to be OK w/ the largest lazy butt and thighs any one person has ever seen, which by the way I am not ok with. So I do push/force myself to get off the couch, turn the tv off, put the cereal away (but leave the a/c on so when I come back it will be cool) and head off to the gym & my workout classes. And yes it is absolutely true that AFTER the fact you feel absolutely awesome!! Great stress reliever!! And during the entire time while I am doing lunges & praying that for whatever the reason the instructor has to cut the class short (which by the way has NEVER happened) I know that the burn and numbness I am feeling really is doing something to make my bod more beautiful!! So just hang in there, push yourself to your limits and beyond, and enjoy!! Remember ~ once you start to see results in the bottom part of your body like you do in your arms, it in itself will give you the encouragement to keep at it!!

~Brandy :smile:
  • tosize2
    tosize2 Posts: 32
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!!! I'm gonna try and add my 'ticker' below.

206140.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter