Not making a New Year's resolution!

Options
I have found that the commitment to a whole year of changing a behaviour is overwhelming. The idea of committing to 5 days a week for 52 weeks at the gym seems enormous! I can't see myself changing myself so much for a whole year.

Instead what I plan to do is the "baby steps" version on a New Year's resolution. Each day, when I wake up, I will make a commitment to myself to work out, eat right, not snack at night and not have a glass of wine or two or three. I know I can change my behaviour for one day. 24 hours isn't that long at all.

I know that if I go to the gym at 6 AM...that resolution is done for the day. I have a fairly set breakfast. I make my lunch the night before and I have just bought the 2 Clean Eating cookbooks that have the most amazing recipes in them. So...each day, I will pick a new recipe.

Although it sounds like I am making plans for the year, I am only making them one day at a time...... one day is easy!

Replies

• TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    I love this! I'll try to follow your lead.
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Nice!! I'm not going to make any New Year resolutions either. I think you're on to something Fantastic!!!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Love this post. I hate making New Years resolutions. They are all just promises meant to be broken. Instead we should focus on lifetime goals.
  • Alice_Marie
    Options
    Thank you! I completely agree with your message - I am going to work one day at a time too!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm also not a fan of the new year resolutions. I think it's a much better time to reflect on all the great things you did well this year, and move forward with smaller, more realistic goals. I find I am much more successful when I make weekly or monthly goals.