Please help!!!

Options
EuroDriver12
EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
Been having pain all day now n i can bearly swallow... the pain is on left side at very back past my teeth... everytime i swallow it hurts as if someone stabing me with a knife there.. the pain shoots from that spot up to my ear! what the hell could it be???

should add... other than just that 1 spot my throught is not sore... n im not sick... just random pain there!

im starving but cant eat anything because i cant even handle swollowing my own salaiva lol

Replies

• sakamanojr
    sakamanojr Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I think you should head to the hospital. This pain sounds very serious.
  • EuroDriver12
    Options
    lol as long as im breathing not going to hospitals :P screw the waiting rooms 4-5hrs lol

also the pain happens even when i move my tonge around n feels like bottom left more than anything... almost feels like its my tonge but when i touch n poke around i cant make it hurt... :S
  • EuroDriver12
    Options
    no doctors or n nurses in the house? lol
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Could be a sore throat/ear infection. If it's that, it will get worse in the next few days. Also, I have neck/back issues and sometimes will get an earrache when my neck is out of whack.
  • EuroDriver12
    Options
    thats the thing though my throght isnt sore... its just that stabbing pain in 1 spot :S
  • mackenzg
    mackenzg Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    try gargling with salt water..maybe its strep?
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Maybe not the emergency room, but I would definitely see a doctor. Could be a plethora of things causing it, from infection to a pulled muscle.
  • EuroDriver12
    Options
    Maybe not the emergency room, but I would definitely see a doctor. Could be a plethora of things causing it, from infection to a pulled muscle.

pulled tongue muscle? that would be a first for me :P
  • NicoleLyn1818
    Options
    I'm a nurse....I would go in for that if it hasn't gotten any better by tomorrow...even if it's just to Urgent Care. No need to go to the ER unless you are having troubles breathing or something serious happens. Maybe try some spray that numbs the back of the throat? or does it feel more like the muscles in the back of your tongue?
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Do you still have your wisdom teeth? If so that's probably it...if not it's probably your tonsils I would see a doc or oral surgeon ASAP! If you at any point have trouble swallowing or breathing go to the ER!
  • kenzietea
    Options
    OH have you gotten your wisdom teeth removed? could be starting to grow through the skin, it can be extremely painful and usually the only option is surgery.
  • kenzietea
    Options
    Do you still have your wisdom teeth? If so that's probably it...if not it's probably your tonsils I would see a doc or oral surgeon ASAP! If you at any point have trouble swallowing or breathing go to the ER!

oops, she beat me to it :)
  • TashaTasse
    Options
    I agree with heading to a walk in clinic, but in the meantime gargle with warm salt water. 1 tsp to about 1/2 c. warm water. Ears and throat are connected so perhaps you have an ear infection. Not a doctor, just a thought.
  • EuroDriver12
    Options
    I'm a nurse....I would go in for that if it hasn't gotten any better by tomorrow...even if it's just to Urgent Care. No need to go to the ER unless you are having troubles breathing or something serious happens. Maybe try some spray that numbs the back of the throat? or does it feel more like the muscles in the back of your tongue?

tried couple sprays n nothing... just pressed around n seems like its tonge... very back when i press down hurts a bit but nothing like when i swollow
  • kellicruz1978
    kellicruz1978 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Definately sounds like a tooth issue.....my boyfriend has something very similiar happen a few years ago. You should go see a dentist ASAP. You don't want an infection to get in your jaw.
  • EuroDriver12
    Options

i still have my wisdom teeth but their in already, went to dentist a while back n they said its no rush to pull them out yet as their not hurting or bugging other teeth yet :S he might be nuts thought haha going to have them pulled either way sometime soon...
  • NicoleLyn1818
    Options

tried couple sprays n nothing... just pressed around n seems like its tonge... very back when i press down hurts a bit but nothing like when i swollow

It could be a pulled muscle in the tongue...have you done anything (yawning big, throwing up, etc) that could cause it? It could also be wisdom teeth as the ladies above suggested--do you still have those? Orrrrr it could be an ear infection. ((Weird sidenote--the sides of my tongue in the wayyyyy back always itch when I'm getting one...and my back teeth sometimes hurt))
  • NicoleLyn1818
    Options
    Or it could be something like an infection in one of the back teeth.
  • 2live4ever79
    Options
    I saw the other day on tv where a man swallowed a bee and it stung him....he ended up being allergic and was hospitalized...sometimes I chew on a tortilla chip wrong and puncture or scrape the inside of my mouth. How lo g have you been in pain?
  • aquapussy
    Options

i still have my wisdom teeth but their in already, went to dentist a while back n they said its no rush to pull them out yet as their not hurting or bugging other teeth yet :S he might be nuts thought haha going to have them pulled either way sometime soon...

Well maybe the "yet" is "now"! They could be coming in more.

Do you still have tonsils? Have you checked your throat with a flashlight? Only other thing I ever had was a piece of something stuck behind a tonsil, drove me crazy. This sounds more painful though.