Is P90X Cardio X supposed to be that easy?

Options
I borrowed Cardio X from a friend and just got finished with it. I really love the instructor. He made me smile and even laugh out loud once or twice. I tried to get really into all the moves, and yet, I still felt like it was almost... ridiculously easy. My HRM seems to disagree, saying I burned 445 calories. Here I am wondering if I should even log all those calories because, for all I know, my HRM has had a malfunction. Also wondering if it was really 43 minutes, because I swear to God it felt like 10. Is this just the way P90X is? Such a good workout that you don't even realize you're working out? Lol. How many calories do you guys normally burn with cardio X and is there another P90X cardio vid that's harder?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it might have seemed easier to me because most of the moves were in 30 second intervals, and I'm used to doing non-stop workouts like Walk-At-Home with Leslie Sansone or Kendell Hogan's bootcamp/explosive cardio workouts.

Replies

• kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i haven't done the cardio yet...but kenpo x is super easy and i end up thinking 'is that is!?!' and then looking at my hrm and finding out i've burned 500cals

if you found cardio x too easy maybe try plyometrics...this has me panting and my husband dizzy and feeling sick...it is a FAB workout
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I think the box says that most people will burn up to 600 calories an hour doing it so I would say it probably is accurate :)
  • N_BEAST_MODE_24_7
    N_BEAST_MODE_24_7 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I normally burn about 1000-1100 plus calories, I love P90X, workouts!
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Yes it is like that. The Plyometric video is harder. Try core synergisitcs too., It's pretty nice.
  • veggeslady
    Options
    It is easy but it does burn the calories!!
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    I LOVE P90x and I do it every other day ( and run every OTHER day), the cardio x is the only one that I do not like because I can burn double the calories in the same amount of time by running. So I just don't incorporate that video into my schedule.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Plyometrics... Alright. I'll give that one a try. :)
  • mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options

if you found cardio x too easy maybe try plyometrics...this has me panting and my husband dizzy and feeling sick...it is a FAB workout

Plyo is my favorite, I HATE it but I LOVE it!! LOL Awesome calorie burner!!
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Cardio X is not part of the Classic P90X program. It is supposed to be used for the "doubles" program (you do it on the same days as your strength workouts) or for people doing the "Lean" program, which is heavier on cardio, lighter on strength training.
  • funkyspunky871
    Options
    Well, I got bored and did Cardio X again. Still thought it was easy even thought I pushed myself even harder. Looks like the first time wasn't a fluke because my HRM says I've burned 447 calories this time. Omg, I think I'm in love.
  • muncharoo
    muncharoo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    how can everybody is burning so much calorie??????? I did cardio x this morning and burned only 165 calories and thats jumping around while in the resting time.

I'm 4'11 and weight 105 and I use the heart rate monitor. I usually work in the high 60 and mid 70 %.

Does anybody know why? I know I'm smaller frame but thats a huge difference. :(
  • funkyspunky871
    Options
    how can everybody is burning so much calorie??????? I did cardio x this morning and burned only 165 calories and thats jumping around while in the resting time.

I'm 4'11 and weight 105 and I use the heart rate monitor. I usually work in the high 60 and mid 70 %.

Wow, that is weird. Wait... What kind of HRM do you have? Does it have a chest strap? The chest strap is what makes an HRM really accurate, otherwise just a watch HRM is based on general information (just like the MFP estimates are).
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options

Wow, that is weird. Wait... What kind of HRM do you have? Does it have a chest strap? The chest strap is what makes an HRM really accurate, otherwise just a watch HRM is based on general information (just like the MFP estimates are).

I second the question about what type of HRM you're using. The watch ones aren't really accurate at all. Plus, you only weight 105, so naturally you're not going to burn near as many calories as someone who weighs more. I weigh 256 and last time I did Cardio X I burned almost 1,000 calories.
  • funkyspunky871
    Options
    Well, thanks for the advice everybody. Just finished plyo, and it was definitely a challenge! I'm really psyched about this one. :) It was just as fun and quick.
  • JenniB619
    JenniB619 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love the cardio x ..it ispretty easy but definately gives you a workout..try Kenpo..its easy but i sweat the most in that work out then I did in any of the others... Im thinking of trying Plyometrics... I know its gunna be a tough one but I'm doing the P90x Lean and Plyo isnt in the workouts on that schedule.. so Im thinking of doin that on my rest days
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I just read somewhere that cardio x is meant for the days you do two workouts (so ab ripper + cardio x). That's probably why it's so much easier for you :)
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options

It's because you're so small. Smaller people burn a lot less. As people lose weight, they have to workout harder/longer to burn the same number of calories that they burned when they were bigger. You're BMR is probably only about 1350 or so, right? It's because you're small. Be proud that you only burn 165.
  • muncharoo
    Options

• muncharoo
    Options
    I'm also 4'11 and was 105 but now 102. I used to do p90x and I had the same results as you. I also wore a good HRM and burn about as much as you. I used to get real mad because everybody else is burning 100's even up in the 1000 calories per session. But I've Come to terms with it. Lol. It seems us "small folks" are not ment to burn loads of calories. I now run to burn calories. I can burn maybe 300 calories in an hour. And do body weight excersice. It's not you or the HRM. It's the way it is. Nobody believe me unti I show them how hard I workout and how little calories I burn on my HRM and no it's not our HRM I've tried different ones it's all he same result. Just keep on doing what your doing and you'll get there slowly. :)

How embarrassing :/. I replied my own question. Lmao. I thought WOW. All this time of researching there is someone with the exact description as me with the exac problem. I thought I could help but I guess I helped myself. Lol. Thanks for not laughing at me guys! I thought I could help someone. :)
  • nursebay
    nursebay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    okay I resent these comments, lol, as someone just starting out again, I didn't think it was easy per say. The first time I did it I had to pause every other exercise once we got into the plyo. now I am only pausing twice during the entire work out and I am dripping with sweat.
    If you think cardio X is easy, do Plyo its an hour long and more challenging.