Sunless tanning lotions....

Philde04
Philde04 Posts: 160
I have a wedding to go to this weekend and need a tan BAD!!! I was wondering if there are any sunless tanning lotions out there that actually work and don't look really fake and would actually make me tan by Saturday?? Has anyone tried any... what was your experience??

Thanks... :happy:

Replies

• Philde04
    I have a wedding to go to this weekend and need a tan BAD!!! I was wondering if there are any sunless tanning lotions out there that actually work and don't look really fake and would actually make me tan by Saturday?? Has anyone tried any... what was your experience??

Thanks... :happy:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    I use Bare Escentuals faux tan and it really works with no streaking and orange color. They might sell it at Sephora or if you have a Bare Escentuals store near you. I usually buy it online but it probably wouldn't be there by Saturday for you. You'll see your color within an hour of putting it on...it's great stuff!
  • google tanning salons in your area and get an airbrush tan...they look GREAT and are decent priced and last a while, you might even have time to get two treatments by Saturday....GOOD LUCK!!
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Loreal Self-Bronzing Towelettes are AWESOME! I bought them for a wedding last year and swear by them now. They are little individually wrapped towels that have the lotion in them . . . you just rub it where you want the tan and VOILA! It looks very real and doesn't streak or anything.
  • Philde04
    Thanks!! I've never seen the Loreal towelettes... I will have to look when I go to walmart today....

And I didn't know Bare Escentuals made self tanner... I'm sure that is a great product!!! I will have to order some for next time!!!!!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    I like Tan Towels. I get them for about 2 bucks at my salon, they are single wrapped in silver with black writing. No tan palms or dark knees and elbows. Have a tan in about an hour.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    i use the jergins lotion. it works good. got to use it for about a week. wash your hands after applying. i use it in the am and pm. got compliments on it!

tan towels work great too.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    I have done self tanners before and always ended up uneven.
    I think I'd price out local salons for a spray tan.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    If you're going for an tanning spray DON'T get mystic tanned. Make sure you get air brushed. It LOOKS AMAZING and it's worth the $20-$30 it costs to get it done. If you take care of it, it will last about a week.

I would get it done a day before the wedding oh and make sure you shave and exfoliate your whole body before you go!!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    i agree. did the mystic tan - ONCE. me no likey. :noway:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    I did the spray on thing once, when I got hot and sweaty from dancing at the reception I got streaks! very unhappy :cry:
  • Philde04
    What is mystic tan?? I've had the spray on tan before... I don't think it was mystic though... And where I got it done it cost me about 40-50 dollars....
  • Philde04
    I did the spray on thing once, when I got hot and sweaty from dancing at the reception I got streaks! very unhappy :cry:

I had that done once before and it didn't streak at all.. I liked it alot... I did look a little orange right after I got it done, but once it soaked in good it was fine....
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Mysitc Tan is the automated spray tan booth. There's no one there actually spraying you. It's just a machine that sprays out the sunless tanner. I don't think it's very good AT ALL.

I've been airbrushed a couple times and I have never had any problems with streaking at all. I even had it while I was in the pools in Vegas and it stayed fine. Just take care of it with LOTS of lotion!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    I like the Jergens Natural Glow, the Foaming version! Sinks in really well, doesn't look orange and a big puff covers a big area!