Day one of 30ds done... And I feel like I'm going to die.

Options
My little sister gave me 30ds and some hand weights for Christmas and I was so excited, I couldn't wait to get started! I've been doing cardio at the gym and it's not uncommon for me to stay on the elipitical for 45-60 minutes. I figured a 20 minute DVD workout would be a cake walk compared to that. How wrong I was.

Jillian is an unrelenting b**** that can read my mind. Every time I got ready give up she would tell me to keep going. By the time I got to the bicycle crunch things at the end I was almost crying it hurt so much.

Maybe I started 30ds too soon. I'm 5'6" and 213 lbs. Should I wait until I am in better shape and then try again?

Replies

• TiffanyDeanee
    Options
    No, I think that you should keep at it. It's hard now because you are just beginning, but trust it will get easier. Don't give up. And when you do 30 days make sure you do it when you have the most energy. I'm 5'4 and 236 and I have done 30 days. Good luck.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    its only 20 mins a day! keep it up, it will be so worth it!
  • Mandypt
    Mandypt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You can do it girl..
  • shana_phoenix83
    shana_phoenix83 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Keep it up. It gets easier the longer you do it. It about killed me when I started, too. ;)
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My little sister gave me 30ds and some hand weights for Christmas and I was so excited, I couldn't wait to get started! I've been doing cardio at the gym and it's not uncommon for me to stay on the elipitical for 45-60 minutes. I figured a 20 minute DVD workout would be a cake walk compared to that. How wrong I was.

Jillian is an unrelenting b**** that can read my mind. Every time I got ready give up she would tell me to keep going. By the time I got to the bicycle crunch things at the end I was almost crying it hurt so much.

Maybe I started 30ds too soon. I'm 5'6" and 213 lbs. Should I wait until I am in better shape and then try again?

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! Not everything is easy the first time you try it, right?! Why should this be any different? It will get easier - I promise! Stick with it and before you know it the 20 minutes will be over and you will be done and not even that tired! :happy:
  • lolollama
    Options
    You can do it!

I was swearing at Jillian and even gave the TV the finger a few times when I was doing 30DS LOL. She is so tough but it's so worth it and it will definitely get easier! You'll start noticing a difference and you'll be so proud of yourself for sticking with it.

The thing that got me through it was telling myself that it was only 20mins per day and I also made a calendar that I could cross off every day that I did it for 30 days! That way I would feel bad if I missed it.

I also find it helps if you mute her and put on music because she gets very annoying after a while.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    As already said, stick with it, it does get easier.

And you're correct about Jillian. She is [insert expletive here], but like you say, she obviously *knows* at which points in the shred you're going to feel like giving up. That's proof if you need it that you're not the first person to feel like that about the shred and you won't be the last. You got through it and that's amazing.

A word of warning, days 2 & 3 are usually THE WORST for muscle pain when you start 30DS. That will subside as well, just keep going.
  • trill0042
    trill0042 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I did day two today and it hurt like a ****. I think my main problem is that this is the first time I have ever tried any type of strength training... So it's really killing my arms and shoulders. Tomorrow I'm going to make a calendar so I can cross of the days as I complete them.

Thanks for the support!!
  • JayPeazy
    JayPeazy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My wife and I own the Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout for xbox 360. She's an unrelenting b**** there too! Keep it up!!
  • MeganRhea_x
    MeganRhea_x Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just started today too! It is tough but don't give up... only 20 minute workouts you can definitely do it! Just stick with level one until you're ready to move up. Good luck! :)
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I got Ripped in 30 for Christmas and just did day 2 today....I'm so sore I'm nearly in tears just getting off the couch....and I'm not a fitness newbie...I run 5-6 miles at least 3 days per week. Its completely brutal. And, Jillian is REALLY irritating and I muted her today, which made my workout much more pleasant.
  • cameralinds
    Options
    Level 1 gets easier, and the soreness goes away on day four or five. I'm on day 19 tomorrow, but I decided to try level 3 after I did level 2 today... shew! Keep at it, you will do great!

Edit: "And I feel like I'm going to die." So weird that I read that with Jillian Michael's voice. She says that a lot... "I want you to feel like you're going to die." haha.
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Like everybody else says, stick with it. I made it 26 days before having to go on a cruise and the first 3 days of every level are really tough (and you will be really sore), but usually by day 4 or 5, you turn a corner and it seems a bit easier (not easy, but doable). It is really worth it - I lost about 2 inches off my waist and am much more tone than I was. You can do it - you made it through day 1!
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Nope don't quit!!! You can do it just keep going with it! Take pictures and measurements... you will see great results. It gets easier after each time. You will be sore make sure to drink plenty of water and take short rests if u have to while doing it. I wanted to die when I first started and now I love it. I'm on level 2! I rotate mine with her ripped in 30 dvd. Just remember its 20 minutes you CAN do it and you will work up to the other levels! :flowerforyou:
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Keep going.. You might hate Jillian to the core, but you do sweat a lot.. Its all worth it..
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    30DS was the turning point for me! It will get you results and you will see a real improvement in your fitness levels if you stick it out and do it every day. I just kept telling myself that it's 27 mins in total. That's it! The first 4 days are torture, and then things start improving. Good luck! And enjoy the results :happy:

2955970.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods