What should I eat at Chili's?

Options
:happy: Hi everyone- I'm going to Chili's for lunch. Does anyone have a good suggestion for something lower calorie there. I want to be prepared. I looked up some of their things on a website and it was frightening! You could eat all your day's calories in one shot there! Yikes. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• horstboys5
    horstboys5 Posts: 36
    Options
    :happy: Hi everyone- I'm going to Chili's for lunch. Does anyone have a good suggestion for something lower calorie there. I want to be prepared. I looked up some of their things on a website and it was frightening! You could eat all your day's calories in one shot there! Yikes. Thanks in advance!
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I know that they have a guiltless grill, but I can't remember what specifically is on it or the calorie amounts. I used to work at Chili's and I love that place, but I know what you mean!! Good luck!
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    There is a really tasty blackbean burger on the guiltless grill menu, it comes with a big side of broccoli too! I ask them to hold the ranch and put a cup of fat free honey mustard on the side. It's very filling.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Guitless grill stuff is yummy, I also get chicken fajitas - no guac or cheese - they aren't too bad

I Love Chili's one of my favorite places to go
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the guiltless Buffalo Sandwich. It comes with veggies and it's not a huge sandwich either. just enough to feel satisfied. Drink lots of water too!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Skip the guiltless grill. Order the Lime Shrimp Salad. Skip the cheese and the bacon. It is my newest favorite thing. You can even leave the tortilla strips off. I know it sounds like there isn't much left but there really is, and you will be very full!!! I'm jealous, I want one tonight!
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    I had heard that Chilis rated as the WORST place to eat if you are watching calories. I can imagine thought that any restaurant is DANGER DANGER to us. I always stick with a salad and spicey chicken of some sort for flavor...
    I am hungry today!
  • cesaroz
    cesaroz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you like fish, try the guiltless cedar plank tilapia. It comes with a side of veggies. It is only 199 calories as served. The guiltless chicken platter is also very good too, and it is about 370 calories served on a bed of rice with a side of veggies.
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I always get the Grilled Margarita Chicken no rice. It is AMAZING and filling. Plus low calorie and low fat. I can usually eat half for lunch then the rest for dinner or afternoon snack..I don't care much for the veggies, so this is how I ended up trying this...the best thing I ever did!! I used to get the chicken tacos or the trio sampler with wings and southwest egg rolls....then I changed my lifestyle and looked up the calories in those...WOWZA!! No wonder I go to the size of a horse :embarassed:
  • fitnessperfection
    fitnessperfection Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love the salmon there! It is REALLY good!!
  • mcdoma2000
    mcdoma2000 Posts: 1
    Options
    While I didn't see the show myself, my wife told me that Chili's was rated one of the worst restaraunts for sodium. Be aware of the salt in the meal, particularly if you have to watch it for high blood pressure or something...
  • mlmanney
    mlmanney Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    last time I went I had their new carne asada steak from the quiltless grill and it was really good but I made sure to up my water for the day because of sodium.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    *still pushes the shrimp salad* it has only 630 calories WITH all the bad stuff, take off the bacon and cheese and tortilla strips and I'm sure it's a lot less. Only downfall is the ridiculous amount of sodium, it's 1850 as served, but the items i remove are pretty salty items, so you should be good! I think I will be getting that for dinner tonight!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I went last night, got their Chicken Tacos (2 with a "side salad" for $7). If I was looking correctly, each of those tacos is about 400 cals. I brought home 1.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    I had heard that Chilis rated as the WORST place to eat if you are watching calories. I can imagine thought that any restaurant is DANGER DANGER to us. I always stick with a salad and spicey chicken of some sort for flavor...
    I am hungry today!

This really was the case... until fairly recently. They've done a pretty good job re-vamping their guiltless grill menu to add more variety and flavor. My husband really likes the buffalo sandwich, and I liked the cedar plank tilapia. The broccoli that they come with is fantastic. And yeah, it's all high in sodium, but so is almost every where else.
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    I have no shame in ordering from a child's menu. I tell them if they have to charge me more, I don't care but portion sizes for adults are ridiculous! 9 times out of 10 they charge me kiddie price for the meal (which usually includes a kiddie drink that they don't bring) plus an adult size drink. I know when I used to eat at Loco's all the time I got the kid's meal and the only difference was two less chicken fingers that I could never eat anyway! Oh, and here is Chili's nutritional information for anyone curious...

http://www.brinker.com/gr/nutritional/chilis_nutrition_menu.pdf

The guiltless grill is definitely new since I've been there. I always had to "special order" a plain grilled chicken sandwich since I'm picky and that was usually all I would eat there. Maybe I'll actually make hubby happy and suggest we go there when he's home! :smile:
  • horstboys5
    Options
    :happy: Thank you SO MUCH everyone- that is really helpful!!! I'll let you know how I do. Good luck to everyone today!
  • horstboys5
    Options
    Thanks again to everyone- Today I had a guiltless grilled chicken sandwich- without half the bun or the ranch dressing! I had the side of veggies- only 80 cals! yay! I successfully went out to lunch and didn't consume 900 calories! yippee!!!
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Guitless grill stuff is yummy, I also get chicken fajitas - no guac or cheese - they aren't too bad

I Love Chili's one of my favorite places to go

I normally get the chicken fajitas w/o cheese, sour cream, or tortilias or the guiltless salmon

but I always bust my calories when I go there b/c of the chips and salsa and margaritas!
  • horstboys5
    Options
    Erin is that your stomach???? if so- wow- great job! I looked like that before kids and in between 2 and 3 LOL Since the 5th I have a 4 pack but the bottom 2 are nowhere to be seen! lol