best eating plan to lose a lot of weight quick (with exercis

Options
I'm a young mom of 3 and I've been battling the last 30 pounds of baby weight for almost 3 years now. I go on these exercise spurts and eat well but I never see more than a few pounds (under 5) come off. Then I get frustrated and don't stick to the plan. I know that eating habits are more important than hard exercise (IF you had to only choose one) but I am just kind of lost as to what kind of eating plan to stick with. I know what's healthy and what's not - I've gotten rid of red meat and severely increased my fiber, fruits, and veggies but I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong because I'm not seeing "real" results...

Replies

• jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    The best eating plan is the one that works for you, and you can stick to. Want to lose weight, feel better, and be healthier? It's not about a plan, or a guide, or anything except changing the way YOU approach food, nutrition, and fitness. Lasting weight loss takes time and effort. You aren;t going to see big results in a few weeks. A few months, maybe.

Sorry to be a downer, but there's just no one "works for everybody" way to lose weight. People are all too different.
  • barenda_101
    Options
    If you aren't losing weight, make sure you're tracking all of the food accurately. Really what it comes down to is a calorie deficit - approximately 3500 calories constitutes 1 pound of fat. Fiber and vegetables are just good ways to eat less calories while still staying full. Anecdotally, I find that drinking a lot of green tea during the day helps speed up the burning process and this notion is supported by a fair bit of research.
  • gigiscoolparents
    Options
    Good to know - thank you both.
    And I have recently started drinking green tea daily - let's see... Thanks again!! :happy:
  • jalenedyck
    jalenedyck Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If you like weights and have the time, look up livefit at bodybuilding.com