Weight loss supplements?

Options
Does anyone take anything to supplement their weight loss efforts? I was thinking of trying Alli, but I am also looking for other suggestions others have used and are effective, and safe. I don't want anything extreme, anything that will make me feel shaky, or anything that may not be safe. I don't have any known medical problems, I work out 40-80 minutes a day, and eat pretty well, just looking for a little something to help me along. Thanks!! :smile:

Replies

• tammy510
    Options
    I wouldn't try Ali unless you have a diet that is higher on the fat side. You will have greasy leakage and gas!!! Not a nice side effect. And, they don't tell you but the Ali sold in the store is not prescription strength. Try zig zagging your calories and check out this calorie counter. http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm Good luck.
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm currently supplementing my weight loss with OxyElite Pro. I won't fully know its effect until this Friday when I review/analyze my lost weight over the week.

At first it made me really anxious and shaky. In a different way, I felt the need to go out and exercise (which I did). This is probably because it has so much caffeine in it. So far I like it, I'm not totally sure if its effects on me yet but I'll continue to take it as the extreme energy portion has kind of worn off of me. It varies from person to person; I've heard of people who feel as though it makes them feel more lively and better while on it, making it hard for them to wean off.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I would supplement your calorie deficit with exercise and consistency.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I've got two words for you in regards to Alli:

Anal leakage.
  • chrisc16
    Options
    I take a krill oil pill, and multivitamin daily. I also take a protein shake for breakfast twice a week. Don't have to over do it!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I'm currently supplementing my weight loss with OxyElite Pro. I won't fully know its effect until this Friday when I review/analyze my lost weight over the week.

At first it made me really anxious and shaky. In a different way, I felt the need to go out and exercise (which I did). This is probably because it has so much caffeine in it. So far I like it, I'm not totally sure if its effects on me yet but I'll continue to take it as the extreme energy portion has kind of worn off of me. It varies from person to person; I've heard of people who feel as though it makes them feel more lively and better while on it, making it hard for them to wean off.

the only active ingredient recognized in OxyElite PRo is caffeine...expensive caffeine
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Green tea mixed with lemon is supposed to be an amazing addition to a diet/exercise plan. Green tea is widely considered good for weight loss, it's a practically no-cal drink, and lemon helps your body get rid of waste through the liver and kidneys (and the liver does a lot of processing fat).
  • jtdink1121
    Options
    You can do it without the supplements! Your body may become immune to them and depend on them then when you stop taking them it makes weight lost more difficult and you tend to gain the weigh right back.If your trying to take something that will help I would reccomend Herbalife, totally natural and is not a pill, drug, its just nutrients that our body need. Its a bit pricey but it really works.
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Anal leakage.

The best kind of leakage.
  • moxette
    moxette Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The best supplements I know are a healthy diet and exercise.. but I did not figure that one out until I spent tons of money on pyruvate and chromium and found myself dead center in the middle of a serious Ephedra dependency.. It was bad, I had to set my alarm in the morning to take the pills so I could actually get out of bed 30 minutes later when it finally kicked in.
    No over the counter supplements really work. If they did, they would not be over the counter nor cheap. I have used caffeine in the form of coffee or sugar free energy drinks to get me through workouts, I have found that I work out harder and burn more calories when I have more energy. But I am very careful about abusing it. If you are the type of person that works harder when using a supplement then go for it, it can be a great placebo. But I have found for me that supplements just make it easier for me to cheat with other aspects of my life.
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't try Ali unless you have a diet that is higher on the fat side. You will have greasy leakage and gas!!! Not a nice side effect. And, they don't tell you but the Ali sold in the store is not prescription strength. Try zig zagging your calories and check out this calorie counter. http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm Good luck.

First if you take Alli you don't want to eat extra fat.....so no diet high in fat....Second it doesn't work that well I tried it and did not lose, the only thing that really works is watching portions and exercise.....you might want to give the above site a try....good luck
  • leenites
    leenites Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Just take some caffeine pills and green tea. =)
    Or if you really want, go ahead and try any supplements. They are supposed to suppress your appetite but if you keep on with unhealthy eating habits, nothing positive will happen. ^.^
  • kylecalderon
    Options
    I don't recommend to use dietary supplement pill for losing weight as it's usually have a side effects to our body. Instead start living healthier so you can lose weight with the natural way.
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I started out taking phentermine 37.5 and I loved it. I started with a half and went to a whole and then I found I could go without it (even though I still take half about every other day) Def. helped control my appetite and gives me a little boost of energy, but you still eat. IT'S NOT FOR EVERYONE, but it works for me :)
  • zulmaelton
    Options
    I took phen375 for 1.5 months and I lost about 8 lbs without exercising. I still need to lose another 7-8 lbs to be at my ideal weight but the supply I got was only for that length of time. I wish I would've purchased the 90-day supply. It's a better deal overall. I will try it again but this time I'm going to complement it with exercising. My plan is to lose 8 lbs more in 4 weeks with exercising which is a realistic goal. You can read phen375 review at http://www.morehealthier.com/best-weight-loss-supplement/