Where do you start to notice

Options
First that you are actually losing weight?

If you actually take your measurements, where does it show up first in that?

How long does it actually take before you start to notice changes, or maybe I should say...how many pounds??

I think I start to notice in my face first....hahaha. Of course, not on the fatty part of me. But then, I notice in my collarbone area, that it is not as fatty, as my bones start to show a little bit more... Strange, huh? couldnt be in my butt or legs, no......

Anyway, as far as my measurements, it shows in my bra band area....have seen about a half inch from that in the last week. Not really seeing anything else as of yet. I have dropped about 6 pounds. I know that was probably water weight, so I am just waiting to see some inches come off!!

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Under my chin was first for me.
    Then my arms.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    for me i have only lost around 4-5 lbs and 1 inch off my hip, waist and 1.5 off my belly. have noticed as of now that my clothes are looser, i am in between sizes now. My size 9 jeans fit perfectly when they come straight out of the dryer and then 1 hr later i need a belt otherwise i am hiking them up all day. then if i go 1 size smaller either i can't get them all the way up past my hips or i get the muffin top....but they fit :) so now my goal is to make those fit with NO muffin top! FYI: i am 5.2 1/2 ft and it took my 2 months to loose that! :(
  • vxmittyxv
    vxmittyxv Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    For me it was definitely my chest. Figures the one fatty part that I don't mind. LOL I just remember look down and thinking, "What happened." On a positive note: it did motivate me the lose more. After all, I needed the bottom to match the top. LOL
  • Scoobies100
    Options
    My shoulders and face. I look a bit like a lollipop!
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I take measurements every week. So far the only significant reduction in my measurements have been in my thighs. it varies per person. I would recommend taking pictures of yourself each week and compare them every month. This way you will be able to visually notice the differences between weeks/months. My mistake was not taking pictures when I first started. I'm on day 26 right now and I know there's been much change but I have no way of seeing how I was before I started caring!
  • jocember
    jocember Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I measure once a month around the 18th. I began to notice in my collarbone area first, definitely, because I missed seeing them and it's nice that they're coming around again. I still have to stick my shoulders out at a weird angle to get any real definition, but that's enough to encourage me :D I also notice in general with how my clothes are fitting - putting pants on that I couldn't even button this time last year and having them be loose, etc. This year I lost 27.5 inches over my whole body.
  • cyndimcd
    cyndimcd Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I was once told that it's in the reverse order of the gain. The places where you gained first you lose last.
    This seems to be my experience. I tend to gain first in thighs, then arms, then waist then face.
    As I am losing now, I have lost from the face and waist, and a bit from the arms.

3086870.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter