Stuck!!!

Options
Hi Guys,

I need some advise...i haven't been able to loose any weight for the past two weeks, I've been regular with both my excercse as well as monitoring my diet. Whats wrong with me??

Replies

• rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Change the time at which you do exercise, try mornings (if you are doing evenings). Switch your meal timings...
  • whalertly
    Options
    Toss in some new exercises, or, even, gasp, skip a day
    when the body gets into a grove, everything becomes more efficient, thus negating some of the burning. This is one of the reasons we plateau, and you can fool the body to start losing again
  • 46and2
    46and2 Posts: 167
    Options
    Possibly overtraining? Take a week off!
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I would change up what you are doing for exercise. If you have been doing the same type of exercise for awhile your body gets used to it.
  • ginareejoy
    ginareejoy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    1. Don't give up :)
    2. Shake things up a bit...try increasing cardio, or doing workout at a different time. Screw with your metabolism.
    3. Consider lowering calorie intake a little. Also, ensure that your diet is sufficient.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintenance for 2 weeks then resume the diet.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintenance for 2 weeks then resume the diet.

Golden. Exactly. Diets have to have breaks. With prolonged dieting, you slow your metabolism and mess with hormones.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I would change up what you are doing for exercise. If you have been doing the same type of exercise for awhile your body gets used to it.
    ^^^^^^^
    THIS!

I change my exercise program every 2 weeks.
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    What are you eating and burning a day??? It maybe that your calorie deficit is too high, especially if you only have a little bit of weight left to lose. if the deficit is too high, the body thinks its starving and will slow your metabolism down. Try increasing your calories by 200 and see what happens.
  • jasonnjamer
    jasonnjamer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    i took a week off from the gym and upped my calorie intake for the week when i was on a plateau and i did gain a little but when i started back on track i lost it very quickly and am still loosing. you just have to shock your body to make it keep changing.