Tracking my meals and exercise, I discovered why I am overwe

Options
I have discovered from being on this site why I am overweight. I have tracked my food and exercise. (2 days)
I put alot of empty calories on and in my foods for taste. I almost fainted after adding the creamer to my coffee.
If I looked on the food labels, I still would not have put it all together, I needed to type it in to have it
pop up in my face. Exercise is walking slowly but for at least 15 minutes. I walk but not for a long period of
time. Thank you myfitnesspal.

Replies

• x_helenlucy
    Options
    Ive been using this site for about a year. I couldn't believe how much milk I was drinking in my tea, how many chocolates were sneaking in and how many extra calories I was consuming.

Stick at it and you will see your potions shrink and everytime you get to type in your new weight it is an incredible feeling! I have just brought some new clothes two sizes smaller!
  • sandimack
    sandimack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Love it, it is an aha moment. I love when people that do not track say they eat healthy, don't eat very much and don't know why they are over weight! They have no clue. Now when I'm in doubt of foods value I overestimate it's value. If your not tracking people will always underestimate exactly what they r eating. Enjoy the journey, it's a new fun addiction!
  • tobin1
    tobin1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have a bad habit of grabbing a cookie when I walk into the kitchen so for now on I am HIDING THE SWEETS from myself.I have to totally agree with you I never realized the calories in things that I was eating until I started logging them into my foods.It is disqusting when I think about eating certain things,we ate out and then when I came home to add the foods I felt grossed even my stomach was hurting BC the greasy food and the portions I even cut them down smaller but obvioulsy NOT ENOUGH
  • MaggieINC
    Options
    Here's a little secret for your coffee. Use a packet of low cal hot chocolate (about 25 calories) and add a candy cane Hershey kiss (about 25 calories). You've got yourself a peppermint mocha latte. Yum :smile: