I gained again :-( x

Options
HI All,
Since the end of November I have gained 6lbs and I know it is all my fault due to the things I have eaten and not exercising enough.
The thing is I got down to 10st 2lb and felt better than I had in years, my family are coming to visit in just over a week and i would really love to be back at the 10st 2lb weight.
When i first started losing weight i was 13 an half stone after 2 children, I know many of you may not think 6lb is a massive amount but its really getting to me.
Anyone got any healthy ideas that could help please xx

Replies

• PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Same boat here. I was 109.2 before thanksgiving and now I'm up to 115.2. It's HORRIBLE.
    If it any comfort, though, if it's like vacation weight, it'll go down quick :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You've already said it, eat better things and exercise :) Think about when you first joined MFP, the first week or so you probably lost 5 or 6 pounds. Get strict with yourself and you just might lose those 6 pounds by the time you have your family visit!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over after a break and I had to update my weight...my progress ticker went from "12 pounds lost" to "5 pounds lost"...so I feel your pain...good luck!
  • Moms3Kwa
    Options
    Just jump right back into it!!! Start making healthy choices in regards to nutrition and fitness!!! You can do it!!! Use the MFP food journal. It really helped me to LOOK at what I was eating. HUGE WAKE UP CALL!! Think positive. Just do it!! We are here for moral support and it really helps!!!
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Same here.....make small changes. Drink lots of water, add exercise everywhere. Walk, anything. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself. If I am, I set myself up to fail and am right back where I started. Baby steps will all add up. Hang in there...with me!
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    i have gained ten pounds this year and it seems as soon as i start my journey to get it back down something happens right now it's a broken toe. we moved halfway around the world went on countless trips. So i take it day by day right now and just do the best i can. Hang in there and if you want to friend me i'm brutally honest with myself and can always use the support!
  • beckycardy
    Options
    Cosmocat - The extra exercise in the house is no prob, (youngest is learning to get around at some speed now) lol. Its the extra exercise out the house that i tend to struggle with, between work and the kids i dont manage to get to the gym as often as i would like to and my oldest (2yr) tries to take over the wii when i get it out lol. Suppose it is time for the wii fit stepper to make a apeearance after kids bedtime again :-) x

Sinjun13 - Sounds like you have had a busy year, hope your toe heals soon and you manage to make the changes you want to in the space of time you want to make them in

I'd like to make my weight loss journey with others as moral support is always a massive help. Well done to all of you out their who have lost or maintained the weight over the holidays xx
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    choose your battles wisely. friends and family get togethers are a major contributor to overeating and less workouts (you want to enjoy their company, duh!) Just remember, this isn't the last time you'll eat this pie, or that cake, savor what you do eat and have fun! if you know you're going to be too busy to workout, do some push-ups and sit-ups when you wake up and before you go to bed. let your body know that you're still burning!
  • beckycardy
    Options
    Fortunately my Mum, is on a restricted diet at the moment, so will have to keep all meals healthy. They are down for my dughters 1st bday but since i cook most the food and the cake i dont often tend to eat too much and am normally too busy making sure everyone else is happy. They are only here for a few days so thinking of planning my 2 rest days when they are here. Like the thing of sit ups and oush up though. Can honestly say hadnt thought of that not a the times you said anyway. Thank you