Looking for 1200 calorie friends

Options
Hey all,

Im a long-standing member of MFP but have been eating under 900 calories a day until today. Since ive been really bad over xmas, ive decided that now is a good time to increase my calorie intake to 1200 a day and start a healthy lifestyle.

Im looking for support and encouragement from people who have been in simular situations and/or people who are on 1200 a day. I could really do with the help and would be interested to look at people's diary's who eat 1200 calories.

Please feel free to add me :) Fankoooo xx

Replies

• AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Request sent! I have a hard time getting 1200 calories per day as well. It just seems like a lot of food & I don't think I can afford it. I don't want to get my calories from processed crap either. Eating healthy is so expensive. I've made some menus ahead of time for my shopping list this week. I am still going to try.
  • ondogirl
    ondogirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Feel free to add me. I am on a 1200 cal again. Recently upped from 800.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the adds :) look forward to giving this a shot! im going to try and add my calories by having a little more meat and veg in the evenings than usual and having an extra bit of fruit during the day time. Thats the plan at least! Im sure I can make up a few extra calories a day just by adding a little extra to my plate instead of eating a bar of chocolate or a packet of crisps :) xx
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    If I don't work out, I try and stay around 1200cal. I'll send you a friend request now! :)
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Options
    Fankooooooo! Accepted :) x
  • Angel87a
    Angel87a Posts: 113
    Options
    You know eating helps you lose weight right? Just sayinnn
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Options
    Yup yup, thats why im upping my calorie intake :)
  • Bandie77
    Options
    Ummm.. not everyone needs to LOSE weight to be healthy.
    Some have to force themselves to eat, to be healthy.

Just sayinnnnnn
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I've been on 1200 calories for over a year. Now I don't plan to eat my exercise calories so my net is a lot lower typically on days I work out (most days if I'm behaiving!). I'll friend you and you can see what I'm eating. I do a lot of protein supplements (shakes and bars).
  • kitkat40
    kitkat40 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 too, i have a tough time getting there too when your exercising! But, if you keep the right amount of food with you at all time your never hungry, dizzy and you will drop the weight!
    i just sent a friend request !
    Kathy
  • Bheller234
    Options
    Hello, I'm going to send you a request. I'm at the 1200, i don't often reach it but i can try to help you out! :) The days i get my normal workout in i normally hit the 1200 though.
  • cathie2903
    cathie2903 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I found that by eating at least 1200 cals the weight started to come off. Now I can make 1200 with no problem and have never felt better. I enjoy my exercise, especially spinning! I also find that by zig zagging calories through the week can help too. Good luck!:wink:
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Options
    Accepted all your requests, thank you so much! What a friendly lot you are! :D x
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Me too. I've been at 1200 calroies for AAAAGES and only just upped them to 1300 to see if eating more would put weight lost back on. It didn't! In fact, have lost a little more.

My trick lately has been to cut all grains out and eat more fat! Sounds crazy but I feel less bloated and fill up my calories. Every few days I have a cheat day of course =)

Just trying to maintain and be healthy now!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    You know eating helps you lose weight right? Just sayinnn

QFT
  • ImJDLookatME
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me! I am strictly 1200 and I don't eat back my workout calories.
  • kitkat9138
    Options
    Sending request your way now!
  • loveliisa
    Options
    sending a request your way now! and anyone else can add me too! i'm always looking for a little support and love to motivate as well!
  • Athena205
    Athena205 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 and also try not to eat back the calories lost by exercise. Friend request headed your way!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    While eating this way works for a small number of adult women, I'm posting a link to this group here anyway, in case anyone is interested: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17-women-eating-2-000-calories-per-day

:flowerforyou: