Zumba DVD

Options
Hi,

I am thinking of buying the Zumba fitness DVDs with toning sticks. Have you tried this? What do you think? Thanks.

Replies

• khartley535
    khartley535 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump. I'd like to know too.
  • AllDayMzAmberJ
    AllDayMzAmberJ Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba DVD. I don't have the toning sticks, but I have done it with regular weights. It is a lot of fun. It doesnt even compare to being in a class at the gym and feeling all the energy of everyone around you - but it is still a good workout.
  • lovinlife71
    Options
    :heart: I LOVE Zumba! I have the Exhilaration DVD set and toning sticks.:heart:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have the Exihilirate set and the set before that. I love them both and do them regularly. They helped me lose 25 lbs quickly and most important they are FUN.

The toning stick only weigh 1.5 lbs each so don't add a lot. You can buy 2.5 lb Zumba wieghts separately. I already had some 3 lb weights so I sometimes use those, though they don't make the fun maraca sound like the Zumba weights do.
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    I just became a Zumba Instructor, but have been taking the class for a long time now, and I really don't care for the DVD's as much as being in a real class. The instructors on the DVD's are very fake and annoying. BUT that is my opinion.

The workouts are still great, I just don't think it is the same!
  • Nolabell
    Options
    I like the New Zumba II It is very invigorating.
  • WannabeSexyBexy
    Options
    I just became a Zumba Instructor, but have been taking the class for a long time now, and I really don't care for the DVD's as much as being in a real class. The instructors on the DVD's are very fake and annoying. BUT that is my opinion.

Thanks, I do agree, but as I don't have the time to commit to classes at the moment I'm thinking I could buy this for the same as a month's gym membership and do it as and when I can in my daily routine.
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options

Thanks, I do agree, but as I don't have the time to commit to classes at the moment I'm thinking I could buy this for the same as a month's gym membership and do it as and when I can in my daily routine.

You are correct! I hope you enjoy them! I know how it is with limited time (and money in my situation) to attend classes! Good luck with your journey! Enjoy the best workout of your life with Zumba and you won't even be able to tell you are working out you'll feel like you're in the club! LOL So much fun!