Is it normal to loss this much weight one first day?

Options
Just joined yesterday can this be right? Wow. Do not know what to say. I ate more food than normal and had to make my self eat cause the daily calorie count wanted me to eat more. 7 lbs in one day. There must be something up, is it going to go up even if I keep up the good work. Only thing I did different was eat more food food, normally I eat less food and 3 to 4 junks.

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Most people can retain/lose several pounds of water in the course of a day.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Everyone loses a lot at first. Its just your body expelling the excess water your previous diet held on to due to the levels of sodium. When you start eating healthier you have less sodium.

Also, make sure you weigh in at the same time of day, with all factors the same.
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the weight loss, that seems like alot for one day. Could it be water weight?

I saw you have problems with bone spurs, and pain. Want to encourage you, loosing weight will help. I also have problems with my feet and legs (planters fasciitis, and sciatic nerve problems). To the point where I could no longer wear high heals, and could hardly walk if I had to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. if I had been on my feet alot during the day, it hurt to walk.

I've lost 26 pounds....two weeks ago I wore high heals all day and even shopping in the mall for a for a couple of hours....NO PAIN that night!!!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Did you have a baby last night?

I kid! I kid!!!!!
  • tophat1
    Options
    It's possible - especially if you have a lot to
    lose. Less junk means less salt so you probably got rid of water weight too. Also (sorry to be gross) but if
    you ate more veggies than usual, they do a good job of cleaning out the bowels. On top of all this, a few lbs of
    fluctuation is normal.

Keep up the good work!
  • scotrunner
    Options
    Hello, well done on joining MFP and good luck with your journey! In answer to your question it is normal to lose a lot of weight to start with but it's unlikely to all be fat. When your glycogen stores are full there is a lot of water stored too, something like 1 unit glycogen to 3/4 units water and when you eat less you use up some of your stored glycogen. Don't worry, just enjoy and keep going even when the weight loss slows down. Best of luck x
  • AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    @ perdie7 What a blessing to hear. You sound like you have the same problems I am having :) That beautiful news makes me want to keep on this road even when it might get hard.
  • AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    @ tophat1 Not gross. I have a very bad digestive system and have been 90% vegetarian for years. Yahweh yesterday did a number on my system, I guess maybe sugary junk keeps it in :(