Also a newbie

Options
Hi everyone! I am a working wife and mom to two young girls. I need to lose about 75 pounds. My health and happiness is suffering. I cannot climb stairs or play with my kids without wheezing. I have the hardest time staying on track though. As crazy as it sounds, I feel like a drug addict sometimes when it comes to food. I am hoping that by reading about others who may have the same struggles, will keep me going!!

Replies

• JOANIE69
    JOANIE69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me x:flowerforyou:
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I sent you a friend request. I love MFP, everyone is nice, friendly, inspirational, and motivating! Oh, by the way food addiction is real. That is not crazy talk!!!
  • stephkuch
    stephkuch Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome..feel free to add me! I'm a momma of 3 kids and totally know how you feel. I have about 70 lbs to lose and I've already gotten such great support from MFP!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    We are all here because we are addicted to food. Take it slow and try to make little changes at a time. I cut out bad carbs (high sugar and refined) fast and processed food and tried to find substitutions for the things I love. I eat low carb Pepperidge Farm Light style whole grain bread, small sweet potatoes, egg white omelets with lots of veggies, low fat popcorn, lean meats and fish, lots of fresh and frozen veggies, 1 piece of fruit a day, low fat milk and cheese. Once you detox yourself you will feel better and less hungry. You can do this it just takes a little work. Get a food scale it was the best thing I did. You will be shocked to see what a true serving size is. Good luck.