Running Shoes

Options
What are the best kind? I want to invest in a really good pair. I run multiple times a week and I want really good ones. Open to any suggestions!!

Replies

• ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    This question is so hard! It took me no lie, 7 times to figure out what works for my feet.. Its trail and error IMO
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    What do you run on, Treadmill, concrete, Trail running. I got a pair of nike Lunar weather proof for outside and a pair of new balance when the weather is nicer. I would say go to a running store and talk to them about your needs.
  • smiles4support
    Options
    I have a couple pair, nike Lunar glides or Nike Free run. But I also wear my air max from time to time too....
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I like the minimalist ones... they are easier to run in for me. My faves are a pair of new balance.
    I was going to try the 5 fingers ones but haven't yet.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    You MUST go get fitted at a running shoe store. In my town we have a Fleet Feet. It is staffed by runners who are trained to analyze gait and know their stock. It is useless to get recommendations from other people because your running shoe needs can't be analyzed here. It is a very good investment and will help prevent injuries.
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I love my New Balance 1260's. I have wide feet and New Balance offers lots of shoes in wider sizes. It's nice to have a shoe that fits well. In the past, I would have to make do with a shoe a half or even whole size too big just to get the width I need.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    You need to get fitted for them. What is best for one person is not best for another.
  • mbakken90
    mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! I don't have access to a fleet feet right now...are there any running store suggestions that you can give me to go get analyzed???
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! I don't have access to a fleet feet right now...are there any running store suggestions that you can give me to go get analyzed???

http://www.runnersworld.com/store/search/1,7978,s6-240-417-0-0,00.html
  • leannelately
    leannelately Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My Brooks changed my life. No joke. I was wearing Nike Shox in a kids size bc all the stores told me they didn't make women's size 5. Well, I finally went to a running store and they told me Shox are not good for running and I they had me try on a bunch of different shoes. The Brooks were the best, hands down. They are sooooo light! My back was hurting anytime I work the Nike's and the pain went away with my new shoes.

If you really want to make a change, go to a running specialty store. Worth the splurge!
  • mbakken90
    mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options

http://www.runnersworld.com/store/search/1,7978,s6-240-417-0-0,00.html

That's so great!!!! Thank you!! I found a store right by me!! Going tonight :)