Earbuds That Stay In When You Run... Do they exist?

Options
13»

Replies

• dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I use skullcandy and they stay in well.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    They are mythical! I always get the ones that hook over my ears as well.

this...i have never had any that stay in my ears AT ALL lol but i get ones from walmart for like 5 bucks that hook over my ear :)
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Jay bird freedom Bluetooth earbuds with the Secure fit ear cushions. Tese stay in my ears and so far are sweat proof. They have different size ear buds, once you find te right size, they are awesome.
  • zumbawhit
    zumbawhit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    BELIEVE IT OR NOT I have read and looked up every brand that you guys have posted on here!!!! I also posted this same topic on Facebook and after reading and researching A LOT, I think I'm gonna try the YURbuds.

IF YOU'VE NEVER CHECKED OUT THEIR WEBSITE, DO IT! Watch the demo videos.

I'll post after I get them how they're working for me!!! If you tried something new because of this thread, I encourage you to come back and post, too... we can help each other out!

THANKS FOR ALL THE RESPONSES!!! YOU GUYS ROCK!!! :bigsmile:
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    I use JVC buds and swing the cord from around the back so the Y is o the back of my neck..... If you wear a headband like ear warmer it also helps.
  • zumbawhit
    Options
    Just ordered my Yurbuds... they are the Ironman buds (the expensive ones)... got them on ebay for $30!! There are 3 left from this guy selling them! He says he's cleaning out his stock! Check it out if you're interested...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Red-Yurbuds-Ironman-Ear-Headphones-Earbuds-Free-Shipping-/280791609518?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item41607bf0ae#ht_762wt_1139
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I also will endorse Skull Candy, love them, never had any issues. They are mushy ear buds so they stay in place even when you're drenched in sweat, unlike Apple headphones (which not only fall out, but HURT since they're such hard plastic)
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I use Skullcandy earbuds, and I have never had issues with them falling out during runs or other impact-type exercises! If you have a Marshall's near you, I get them there for around $20.
    I have those. They fall out of my ears when I sweat worse than any other kind. Plus, both mine and my daughter's stopped working right within weeks. Only one side has sound.

Walmart also has them.

THIS. I love them and they're cheap, but they still fall out and they rarely last more than a few months. Plus, on my most recent pair, the rubber bit keeps coming off in my ear. It's annoying.

Hmm strange, since I agree with the original person - got mine for around $20 at Marshall's about a year ago and they are still in perfect condition, never fall out!
  • Picklepower
    Picklepower Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have a pair that would stay in great until I started running/sweating. But I fixed the issue with a paper clip (the actual clippy kind that looks like a black triangle tube with silver handley things that fold up to pinch or down). I use it to clip the cord to my shirt so that there is some slack in the cord. That way any impact goes to the clip and not to the actual bud in my ear.
  • hettylair
    hettylair Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Love the Bose earbuds. They have different sized buds so you can fit them. I have my old dollar store back ups when I misplace some and adjusting the buds for the cord to fit inside my sports bra seems to stop the cord from jiggling too much when I'm running. That really helps my cheap ones stay in. I still have to adjust them through the workout though. Hope this helps.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I think the topic says it all...
    I am convinced that there is no such thing! Before I go out and spend MORE money on another brand of earbuds, give me your take!

There are several brands of 'sport' earbuds around, and the all have behind-the-ear-clips. I can sprint with mine and they stay in position...
  • simkat
    simkat Posts: 72
    Options
    I sweat like crazy and always had a problem until I found the Extra Small (SS) sized ones with the round rubber plugs that go in the ear canal. Nothing else worked, even the expensive Sennheiser ones. Most come with S, M, L rubber cover, though. Extra small (SS) is hard to find!
  • _runchick
    Options
    I wear Bose and they are totally worth the money. They come with 3 different sized covers and the sound quality is wonderful. :smile:

I 100% agree w this... BOSE are awesome... I have the tiniest of ears and these are perfect for me. Spend the money - well worth it.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I can't wear the ones that are sort of flattened at the end speaker... my ears are too small, they hurt and fall out almost immediately. I buy the ones that go in your ear - usually they have about 3 sets of different size soft rubber attachments that go in your ear - pick the one that fits best. If profusely sweating I still have to sometimes remove and dry them so they stay in, but that's been rare since I found the right size.

These. I don't like the other kind, they hurt my ears but these kinda snuggle in and block out other sounds as well(not always the best for road running) Overall I have the best results with these.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I use Skullcandy earbuds, and I have never had issues with them falling out during runs or other impact-type exercises! If you have a Marshall's near you, I get them there for around $20.
    That is what I use too! I love love love them! My teenage daughter introduced them to me at Spring Break and I have to say I am IN LOVE with them!
  • zumbawhit
    Options
    UPDATE:
    I went with the YURbuds (the Inspire Series) and they are AWESOME!! Once I figured out how to insert them properly, I haven't had any issues with them at all! I've had a chance to go on three runs and done some regular work-out stuff while using them and they truly don't budge!!!

Check out the Website: yurbuds.com

THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLIES!!!!
  • hector361
    Options
    I switched to using wireless Bluetooth earbuds, because the wires to my earbuds were always getting caught on things. Sony makes an excellent pair with mic and volume control. It is easy to set up to your phone, even if your phone does not have bluetooth (use a adapter).

http://how-to-fix-earbuds.blogspot.com/2011/12/how-to-make-wireless-earbuds.html