Help me choose my wedding hair :)

Options

Replies

• shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    My vote is for the last one too.

Also, stunning dress! You will get people talking at the reception!!! :smooched:
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing a veil? This is a HUGE factor when deciding on a hair do. I do love the last option though. With your long beautiful hair and dress it will look amazing!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    as a former looooong haired girl, I vote for the updo. long curls are beautiful, but after a night of dancing, all the product and your own perspiration, the hair under the back of your neck will be a big yucky matted mess. maybe your hair might not be the same as mine, but every time I ever tried to have long curls hanging down my back, at the end of the night I had a nest of snarled lambswool under the back of my neck. only lots of detangler and patience can unsnarl it.
    an updo will show off your back, and keep the hair off your neck and be the most secure. also will not detract from your very beautifull dress!

In the end, go with the one that makes you feel the most confident, because that confidence will shine on your face. I agree with the idea of trying the different ones out, to see how your hair looks in each style.

I also think the side pony will become an irritant, although it looks very pretty.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing a veil? This is a HUGE factor when deciding on a hair do. I do love the last option though. With your long beautiful hair and dress it will look amazing!!

I mentioned in the OP- no veil. Possibly a flower or pretty hairclip.

ugh, I looked everywhere, can't find anything similar to the glam pony. gotta use the link I guess. I found another cute side pony though! a little fancier:

ponytail.jpg

lol! and it doesn't work either. I give up!
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Number THREE! Go glam, girl!

I agree about the side pony getting in the way and covering too much of your face. Whatever you do, it's worth it to pay for a practice run with your hairdresser. Do it on a date night or something so you don't feel like you wasted the money and just have her change it up a bit before you go so as not to ruin the surprise. Take lots of pics at the trial run so you can look back at them a week later and make sure it's what you want!

You're going to look gorgeous with which ever one you go with!!!! :happy:
  • rainbowman
    rainbowman Posts: 77
    Options
    #4 is FABULOUS! You got the strands for it baby doll! Flaunt that sexy du! :drinker:

Me, I'll probably go with the Sinead O'Conner look. I don't have much choice!!! :sad:
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Mahvelous dress dahling!!!

I say #1 or #2.

Show off that fabulous back (yours and the dress :wink:)!!!

~Jo :flowerforyou:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    # 4 and your dress is beautiful . :smile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    a thought about using flowers in your hair(if you go that direction): pick a sturdy type of bloom. roses wilt very quickly when so close to your body heat, a thicker petal will withstand this better. stargazer lilies are sturdy and thick. any flower whose petals are thin, like a rose, will wilt fast and look droopy. not the look you want in your photos.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    I chose the #2, I've done many wedding styles and the loose updo is so gorgeous. and it will show off your gown perfectly. get that trial style and try out many ways. you'll be happy you did. I always did that for my clients, I never even thought about charging them for it, wow, I just felt it was so necesary that It was part of the price. (but then again,that was 15yrs ago and I only charged $50.00 How time has changed, I bet its over $100 now? )
    Remember to check your makeup often during your big day and before your pictures. something I forgot to do and I was very disappointed. maybe even remind your photographer too remind you, they are the ones looking at you and will notice if you need more lipstick or your face is shiney. :wink: tell them to tell you.!!!!!
  • becbec71
    becbec71 Posts: 136
    Options
    #4 I am biased though bc that is how I want my hair for my wedding!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Your wedding gown is beautiful. I vote for hairstyle #4.
  • etandit
    etandit Posts: 35
    Options
    I think you would look great with Option 4. i did look at the link, it would be ok also, but i think option 4 would be great with your dress and look wonderful with you face structure:flowerforyou:
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I like the messy updo, personally!

I can't wait to see the wedding photos, congrats!! :flowerforyou:
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Love the Glam Pony! I bet your fiancee would vote for anything that shows off that long flowing hair when you are coming down the aisle.

I would talk to your hairdresser though to see if it can be styled in such a way that you can clip it up off your neck easily for the reception - kind of the hair equivalent of tucking up your train.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I think #1.

Of course, I'm obsessed with side ponies right now. :smile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    new tally!

side pony- 5 votes
    messy updo- 13 votes
    glam pony- 4 votes