Determined!

Options
I am new to myfitnesspal.com and hoping that it gives me the motivation to really lose weight this time around. Over the past few years I have tried a few different diets and lost weight...but struggled to keep it off. Or for the matter, to stay on the diet long enough to lose enough to be healthy. I want to be different this time...I NEED to be!

I am 5'4 and weigh 250lbs. According to BMI I need to be at the very most 145lbs. Losing that much weight intimidates me right now, so I want to focus on much smaller goals. Maybe in 10lb increments...?

My plan at this point it to start watching what I eat and controlling my portions. I also want to integrate some exercise into my life.

I am feeling motivated right now and hope that this website continues to motivate me.

Replies

• want2lovemybody
    Options
    Good luck! Im with you!!!
  • ezr2breath
    Options
    Welcome!!! You are in the right place. You and I have simliar stories. I have tried quite a few diets and lost weight but struggled to keep it off. I also have over 100 lbs to lose. And yes dwelling on little goals has helped me so far this time around.

My biggest problem is getting a good healthy eating system. So it has been my choice to hold off on the workouts until I make it a habit to record my food and attempt to stay within my calories most of the time.

When I go all in with the workouts and trying to eat right and within my calories I usually burn out pretty quick. Again this is just something that I do that helps me. I am mentioning this to say setting small goals can help us reach our big goal. The best thing about this is you can change how you do it to fit you. If we start out with one course and its not working, we haven't failed... just try something else that does work. BUT NEVER GIVE UP TRYING!!!

Sorry to ramble but I feel your pain and hope that you will find the support needed here to help you reach your goal this time!!!
  • marilu3
    marilu3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Megeank,
    I am also new to myfitnesspal, and have some of the same goals as you.. .lose weight, make better choices and shed about 60 lbs! It also feels so intimidating. So if you want to encourage each other, feel free to friend me. Yes--10 lb increments sounds like a great start!
    Marilu3
  • stephkuch
    stephkuch Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of you! MFP is such a great community. You'll find so many awesome people and great resources. I've got about 70 lbs total to lose(well..65 now) Don't give up..you have support here!

You all can add me if you'd like :)
  • judynunes
    judynunes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also new to myfitnesspal, and we have the same goals so if you would like to friend me that will be great so we can encourage eachother!
  • reneekenhamlin
    reneekenhamlin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    My name is Renee, Iam fairly new to MFP too! It has really helped me to stay on track and motivated! Tracking the calories and recording what foods I eat has been so helpful....feel free to add me....have a great day...and remember one day at:smile: a time!
  • Carol_s
    Options
    Hi, I have a similar amount of weight to lose as you, and find it quite daunting. I've been struggling with weight for so long, and really lost focus a few months ago. I'm back now though, and am feeling determined to making healthy choices.

Feel free to add me, the more support friends the better :smile:

Good luck with your journey x
  • megeank
    Options
    thanks, everyone! I was really surprised to come back to my post and see so much encouragement already!
  • bluskink
    Options
    good for you!