New to Myfitnesspal, Need friends to stay accountable

Options
I just joined mfp today and I am looking for friends to keep me accountable. I have lost and gained 15-20 pounds three different times. I repeat the same cycle all the time. My goal is to stay continuous in my efforts. I have also quit smoking four times. When I get frustrated or stress the first thing I pick up is a cigarette. Then I stop excersising, then the food.

I'm proud to say that I have quit smoking since my 40th birthday this past year, and also ran my first marathon. The hardest time of year is from November to March when it is cold outside and sooo easy to pull the covers over my head when the alarm rings. I have already gained 5 during the holiday season, and I want to stop it right there.

I love to run and that's about the only thing I love about excersise. I guess I'm lucky though. At least I like something good for me :laugh:

Replies

• Ad_874
    Ad_874 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My weight has fluctuated too and my boyfriend is on his third time quitting smoking. It is hard to do these things but it seems like you proved that you are capable. Running a marathon is no easy task so your body has to be well enough for it. Add me and we can motivate each other. Running a marathon is on my bucket list so maybe you can help me reach that :)
  • MrsJohnston
    MrsJohnston Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! I too am always going up and down in weight, but no more, I'm determined to succeed this time!
    We can help keep each other accountable :)
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Friend request on its way!!!

I've spent the last few years battling with the same 14-18lbs and have finally decided enough is enough and want to get into my best shape before I hit my 40th next year.

My hubby gave up smoking 13months ago, just decided to quit and that was that, then he went on a health kick (to put on weight I hasten to add!) but is doing brilliantly and has changed his outlook towards health and fitness. Now I want to change mine and break that cycle I'm forever stuck in, so maybe we can encourage each other. :flowerforyou:

andie
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Friend request on its way!!!

I've spent the last few years battling with the same 14-18lbs and have finally decided enough is enough and want to get into my best shape before I hit my 40th next year.

My hubby gave up smoking 13months ago, just decided to quit and that was that, then he went on a health kick (to put on weight I hasten to add!) but is doing brilliantly and has changed his outlook towards health and fitness. Now I want to change mine and break that cycle I'm forever stuck in, so maybe we can encourage each other. :flowerforyou:

andie
  • runnergirlmd
    Options
    Wow, thanks guys. This is great. This is just what I needed. Yeah, there really is nothing good about smoking. It makes your breath stink! OMG, I had no idea how bad that part was. And my clothes....

I do love running.. Thank GOD, I like something good for me..seriously. The other stuff is a challenge becuase I love food too.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words, looking forward to this network!