checking weight

Options
How often do you weigh yourelf, and check in at MFP?

How much have you lost (pictures are welcome)

Replies

• jferris91
    jferris91 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I try checking everymorning, but I usually check in with myfitness pal weight every three days :)

I have lost 21 pounds so far :) My goal is to lose 50 I have no pictures I am working on getting some on my computer!
  • bcraig26
    bcraig26 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was weighing myself everyday. I think I'm going to change it to once a week. It seems more reasonable. I've lost 4 pounds, not trying to lose much more than that. Just trying to maintain a healthy life and not let my weight slowly creep up on me.
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday and have lost 59.5 pounds as of today.....before the holidays I had lost 64.....ugghhhh...my pics are in my profile which only my friends can see and lucky you.....you are on my friends list lol
  • ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday morning only.
  • ImJDLookatME
    Options
    I weight in 1 time a week, I have lost 21.5 pounds so far! I am looking to lose another 10-13
  • floweringcurrant
    floweringcurrant Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every day, but I found that it put too much mental stress on me if I gained back a few ounces or a pound even though I knew it was only water weight. I'm now challenging myself to only weigh in once a week and see how that works out for me. I log my new weight when I'm sure it will stick (usually after a week or so at that weight, or a little below). For example, if I hit 129.5 one day and the rest of the week was a pretty stable 130, I would enter my weight as 130.
  • JOANIE69
    JOANIE69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    hope you didnt weigh in with your helmet on ,lol, soz for speaking out loud x
  • Momma2fourunder5
    Momma2fourunder5 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Normally I weigh myself everyday. I know there are fluctuations so I don't freak out if there is a gain of anything under a pound. But is really is a motivation to me when I see the scale lower each morning...if only by .1lbs and it helps me keep on track if I end up seeing a slight gain. Just a way that I like to keep myself on track!
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a day, just to keep from missing a trend, and log it once a week..
    Closer to goal weight, I will probably not check or log as often.
  • ster81
    ster81 Posts: 249
    Options
    8am every Friday. Wearing te same thing...
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, first thing. I'm logging all my metrics on a daily basis to see how the exercise, diet, weight and body fat metrics all inter-relate. I'm down about 18 lbs since Sept, on a pretty steady 1.1 lbs per week schedule. It's all going according to plan.

I notice that I'll fluxuate upwards 2-3 lbs during the week due to water retention from my strength and climbing training, but then the lows each week are reliably 1 - 1.5 lbs lower than the previous.

So far all the theory is validated out by the data.
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Every morning between the hourse of 6:30 and 7:30 a.m. I've tried breaking the habit and only weighing 1 x per week, and I just can't do it.
  • ahjenny
    ahjenny Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I check my weight every day. I only log it on MFP when I go below my last weight. I've been staying in the same 4 pounds since I started a month ago. I'm ready to pull my hair out.
  • jferris91
    Options
    hope you didnt weigh in with your helmet on ,lol, soz for speaking out loud x

Haha no I didnt weigh with the helment on :) Thanks for checking and giving me a good laugh :)
  • jferris91
    Options
    I check my weight every day. I only log it on MFP when I go below my last weight. I've been staying in the same 4 pounds since I started a month ago. I'm ready to pull my hair out.

I felt that way, a few pounds ago I kept loosing a pound but the next day I was right back at the same weight I was wanting to break the scale! lol Give it time, you can do it!
  • jferris91
    Options
    8am every Friday. Wearing te same thing...

Me too :) I usually do it right after my shower lol
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week. I have lost 147 lbs so far, with only 10 more to go. I will be weighing in 2x this week though since I want to weigh in on the 31st as my final 2011 check in.....and then base my goals for 2012 from there!!
  • repoman150
    repoman150 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I agree, i usually check my weight once per week....otherwise I feel like I want to throw the scale out the window lol
  • Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself on a friday morning. I try to make sure I only weigh in once a week, or i start to get really obsessed with the scales.
  • repoman150
    repoman150 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Oh, and dont forget, clothes weigh a TON when your trying to weigh yourself accurately....