ugh gained some pounds and inches back!

Options
I am so discouraged over this! With all the holidays and I was sick for a long time before..I gained 2 inches in my waist AND in my lower tummy. :(

Need some motivational support to get back on track and to not beat myself up over this. :( Being new at weight loss around the holidays suck!

Replies

• jlr_12
    jlr_12 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about it! If you've been eating healthier lately, and then went all out over the holidays, it's probably just bloating and water weight. There's no point dwelling on anything, tomorrow is a new day and a new chance to make the right decisions. You have an entire year before you're faced with the holidays again...just think how much you can lose by then! Stay positive, make good choices more often than bad ones, and you'll stay on the right track!
  • surgesilk
    Options
    No shame in falling down...it's what you do when you get back up that matters!
  • KWright76
    KWright76 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It will be ok. Just get back on track and keep at it.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was then, focus on now! That's what I'm going to do.:wink:
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about it! If you've been eating healthier lately, and then went all out over the holidays, it's probably just bloating and water weight. There's no point dwelling on anything, tomorrow is a new day and a new chance to make the right decisions. You have an entire year before you're faced with the holidays again...just think how much you can lose by then! Stay positive, make good choices more often than bad ones, and you'll stay on the right track!
    Wow, I really like your post! It's true, once this holiday is done, there's months and months of clear sailing! Thank you for reminding me of that!
  • LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am so discouraged over this! With all the holidays and I was sick for a long time before..I gained 2 inches in my waist AND in my lower tummy. :(

Need some motivational support to get back on track and to not beat myself up over this. :( Being new at weight loss around the holidays suck!

I agree with the others, don't get down on yourself. ALSO... the inches could be partly bloating. The rich (and often salty) food from Holidays can really put the bloat on me!!

You're doing great! Keep it up!!
  • roseantoinette1
    roseantoinette1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I know this is hard because I do it myself, but try not to beat yourself up too much! Think of it as a good friend has just gone over the edge and went off for a few weeks - you wouldn't beat them up right? You'd tell them to shake it off and tomorrow is a new day with a new you just waiting to emerge...maybe by Spring or Summer! It's okay because we probably ALL did the same thing - some more then others. The holidays are so difficult but the light is right in front of us all and we need to start over and let the past go.
    Remember all the good days, weeks, maybe months that you did have and focus on knowing you can get right back to it tomorrow.
    Good luck!
    Rose
  • It could be water weight that your body hasn't flushed out yet from all the excess sodium over the holidays.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    You get do overs on this.So pick yourself up and get on with it. You CAN work this.
  • mrskellyray
    Options
    Thanks guys!

I did some re evaluation and set some mini goals w/rewards.

If i lose 1.5 pounds/week I'll be at my goal weight on June 6th if i start today. Not too far away. :)