Just joined

Options
Hi,

I just joined myfitnesspal today, and I have to say that the tools seem very helpful. I need to lose about 20 pounds, but I had gum surgery last week. As a result I have been on a liquid diet, and starting tomorrow I can add soft food to my diet. However, it will be a month before I can actually eat solid food again. I thought this website would help me to make sure I'm getting enough calories, protein, and fats while I'm on this restricted diet. This is forcing me to shrink my stomach, which is good, but I don't want to gain the weight back when I can start eating again.

I just want to thank everyone in advance for their support in my weight loss journey. I wish all of you success in your own weight loss endeavors.

Replies

• erinf79
    erinf79 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi,

I just joined myfitnesspal today, and I have to say that the tools seem very helpful. I need to lose about 20 pounds, but I had gum surgery last week. As a result I have been on a liquid diet, and starting tomorrow I can add soft food to my diet. However, it will be a month before I can actually eat solid food again. I thought this website would help me to make sure I'm getting enough calories, protein, and fats while I'm on this restricted diet. This is forcing me to shrink my stomach, which is good, but I don't want to gain the weight back when I can start eating again.

I just want to thank everyone in advance for their support in my weight loss journey. I wish all of you success in your own weight loss endeavors.
  • roserex
    roserex Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good luck - I just joined 5-4 and have a long way to go. Can you eat yogurts and stuff to help keep your calories up?
  • hollyb321
    hollyb321 Posts: 12
    Options
    hi, just joined so just getting used to the site! seems really good!! :smile:
    cant wait to get to my goal!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Just joined and hoping to only loose a few pounds..but it's all baby weight. I've had it now for 5 years and it still won't come off. Heres hope that it will this time and I can keep it off.
  • erinf79
    erinf79 Posts: 25
    Options
    So far I've been able to have Ensure, Slimfast, and smoothies. I can't have anything yet that requires utensils.
  • pbgolding
    pbgolding Posts: 14
    Options
    Good thinking signing up with the site, and good luck on your journey. :smile: It is not easy, but way to use the gum surgery to start your journey, and making sure it is done the healthy way.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone here is nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: