C25K Graduate!!!

Options
Finished my C25K program yesterday! Ran a 5k under 30 minutes (29:34 to be exact). I am very excited and I plan to continue running to add to my accomplishments. Next stop? Not sure now, maybe a 10k or a half marathon. What do you guys think?

Replies

• trotter664
    Options
    That's fantastic. Glad to see someone who has finished it. No am working in week 5 right now. 9 minute run walk 3 run for 9. Coming down with a cold right now so I think I'm taking a day off. :-(
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! :drinker: That's a great accomplishment!!

I am starting week 9 tonight and can't wait to say I'm a graduate!

There's a Bridge to 10K program for your next step. Search the groups here on MFP - that's probably what I'll do after I graduate C25K (if I survive).
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats on what you have accomplished and God bless on whatever you decide on! I finished C25K and moved on to a 5miler, a 10K and a half...next up is the full marathon for me! So, your limit is what you set it at!
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!

I've got 4 more runs and I'll be a c25k graduate as well.

I plan on doing the Bridge to 10K program when I'm done with c25k.
  • angiek941
    angiek941 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That's how I started, and I ran my first half marathon back in October. I'm signed up to do another on in April. You can do it!!
  • TexasNana41
    TexasNana41 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Doesn't it feel wonderful to say you're a graduate? I moved on to Bridge210K after finishing C25K and I'm very glad I did. I'm not nearly as fast as you are, but training for a 10K brought my 5K time down. Still on Week 3 of B210K, so I'm curious to see how it all plays out at the end. And there is a B210K group that can be joined at any time. Well done! You should be very proud of yourself!
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    there is a bridge to 8k program as well if people are nervous about doubling their distance right away....
    But congrats to all of you!!!!:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!