Amazing Pumpkin Muffins - super easy & healthy

Options
Recipe:

1 box of spice cake mix
1 15oz can of pumpkin

Mix together (don't prepare the cake mix -- no eggs, oil -- just add the pumpkin) and bake at 350 for 20 minutes - check with a toothpick to see if they are done.

They are very moist, extra tasty...and maybe healthy even. About 115 calories each, and low in fat.

Replies

• sopper6175
    Options
    Recipe:

1 box of spice cake mix
    1 15oz can of pumpkin

Mix together (don't prepare the cake mix -- no eggs, oil -- just add the pumpkin) and bake at 350 for 20 minutes - check with a toothpick to see if they are done.

They are very moist, extra tasty...and maybe healthy even. About 115 calories each, and low in fat.
  • healthychic
    Options
    I ate a pumpkin muffie today from Panera bread, 260 calories!! i couldn't believe it, they are so little and they had that many calories. this recipe you posted is PERFECT for me, thanks!! I love pumpkin muffins!

-Danielle
  • ljoyner
    Options
    :love:
    Oh my, I made these today and they are awesome! Yum....

I am just not sure the calorie count is correct. How many are you making? I made 24....
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Do you cook them the same amount of time as the cake mix was originally? I would really love to try this recipe out.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I made these today, they were awesome! I'm wondering about trying it with other kinds of cake mixes or maybe quick bread mixes. So yummy...I ate like 6 though :blushing: oh well...lol
  • sinclairel
    Options
    I made these today, they were awesome! I'm wondering about trying it with other kinds of cake mixes or maybe quick bread mixes. So yummy...I ate like 6 though :blushing: oh well...lol

How long did you bake them? and what size muffin tin did you use? :smile:
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    I'm not sure how long I baked them actually...lol I just kept checking them until the knife came out clean. I used regular muffin tins and I got 22 small muffins. It does rise up good though. It seems like you're putting like two tablespoons of batter into a cup and you'll think..wow these are tiny..lol but they came out much less tiny than I thought they would and were soooo delicious. My calorie count came out to about 105 calories a piece if u divide the batch into 22 :)
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOSH BECKY!!! LOOK AT MY PUMPKIN CAKE!!!

I made these tongiht for dinner, well......... I didn't make them into muffins I just put it into a 9 X 9 glass dish and then cut it into squares but WOW!!!!

These are delicious!!!! And I"m not even a pumpkin girl. Like I don't eat pumkin pie or anything.

Thanks so MUCH for this recipe!!!
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    Try this!
    1 box pillsbury reduced sugar yellow cake mix
    1 15 ounce can pumpkim
    1/2 cup water

I got 23 good sized muffins at 90 calories a piece, and they are so yummy. If you like the spicey taste of the spice cake, just add cinnamon and nutmeg :) Oh, BTW, bake at 350 for 20 mins
  • TashaS
    TashaS Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Bumping for My Topics - I'll be making this this weekend!
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Bump.

Thanks for the recipe. This sounds great!
  • roserex
    roserex Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Do I mix up the yellow cake mix by the directions than add pumpkin or does the pumpkin replace the other ingredients?
  • linniej55
    linniej55 Posts: 2
    Options
    How many does it make
  • magnolia1077
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe. My son who doesn't like anything actually loves pumpkin so I'll be making these this weekend for sure!!
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am going to try these, they sound easy and delicious!
  • wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Options
    made these last night and I LOVE THEM!!!! I made them with just regular yellow cake 1/2 cup water and a thing of pumpkin and they ended up being 110 calories a piece (cause I only made 20 not 24) and they are AMAZING. hard to eat just one haha