Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Carpet verse tile

so I got new rugs for my bathroom for Christmas....and I weigh 13 lbs less on the carpet than the tile...what the heck which is right?

Replies

• I have no clue which is right but I would think the one on the tile just because you know that the scale is setting completly even. Even though the carpet weight sure sounds alot better.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    I have no clue which is right but I would think the one on the tile just because you know that the scale is setting completly even. Even though the carpet weight sure sounds alot better.
    Also, you could lean on a chair while weighing - an instant 5lbs GONE - lol
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Tile. Scale should always be on a hard flat surface.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    I have no clue which is right but I would think the one on the tile just because you know that the scale is setting completly even. Even though the carpet weight sure sounds alot better.
    Also, you could lean on a chair while weighing - an instant 5lbs GONE - lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    The tile. Meh. Carpet causes uneven points and inaccurate weigh ins :(
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Hahaha I call that the "carpet diet." I lose 43 pounds when weighing myself on the carpet! Isn't that great!?

But no. Seriously. Tile. Linoleum. Wood. Concrete. Whatever.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Calling a carpet guy right now.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    I prefer prose.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Does the carpet match the drapes? :huh:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Tile, hard flat surface. Rugs are padded, which absorbs some of the weight.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    The carpet pile is resisting your weight and giving you inaccurate readings. You either need a flatter surface OR longer legs on the scale that will get the scale off the carpet.

Strangely enough, we have the same problem when we use the Wii Fit on carpet.
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 430 Member
    Calling a carpet guy right now.

LMAO!
  • This is a good question.... I have carpet in all the rooms but the kitchen and bathrooms... I have two scales. My wii fit scale and the one in the bathroom. The one in the bathroom says I am about 168lbs. When I have the wii fit plugged in on the first level it reads that I am 155lbs...... And when it's up stairs (in my bedroom) it says I am 168lbs. lol Idk why it does that. Good thing is I went to the doctor recently and got weighed and am 168lbs. Now I know not to use the wii fit scale in my living room. lol :bigsmile: