Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

how often do you weigh yourself?

I am throwing this out there just to see what everyone does. I like to weigh myself first thing every morning. Even if I only lose a tenth of a pound. It still makes me feel good. Anyone else?

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    every day, first thing, nekkid, after going to the bathroom. Then I go write it on the calendar :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    re-post!
  • I weigh myself everyday first thing in the morning but I only log in on Friday's. It helps keep me in check, usually a 1 lb gain is just water retention so I make sure to drink more water taht day. It seems to work. :happy:
  • puzzlingkirsten
    puzzlingkirsten Posts: 58 Member
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning after using the washroom. I currently weigh twice a week (Mondays for a challenge from a different site, Tuesdays for my personal weigh). I used to weigh daily, but I found the up and down that occurs with our bodies just really made it hard.
  • puzzlingkirsten
    puzzlingkirsten Posts: 58 Member
    Oops, double post. :P
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    1st thing in the morning! But I do only "check-in" my weight weekly. When I'm feeling REALLY skinny in the middle of the day, I cannot resist stepping on the scale but it means nothing. Sometimes it is less, sometimes it is more.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Almost every morning...
  • ehunte
    ehunte Posts: 125 Member
    every day, first thing, nekkid, after going to the bathroom. Then I go write it on the calendar :)

Ditto for me!
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    First of the month first thing in the morning after i use the bathroom
  • tycusjay
    tycusjay Posts: 103 Member
    Every Friday morning, 6.30am, after going to the bathroom and before breakfast.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Every morning.

I really should start tracking it...
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Every Monday night at the gym.
  • Every morning as soon as I get up. This is not the idea way but it keeps me motivated. I only log if I lose a half pound or more!
  • Everyday. :)
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. I do occasionally weigh other days, but I really try to keep it to those 3 other wise I find myself getting overly obsessive.

I log weights on Monday :)
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    I use to never weigh myself because the slight fluctuation irritated me and had me throwing in the towel numerous times. My husband gave me a great idea that has helped me....

I weigh myself in the morning when I get up then again in the evening just before bed. This lets me know what I ate during the day that could have contributed to a huge weight gain. I go by the numbers in the AM as actual weight loss or gain.
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    I too weigh every morning ,,,I like to know when I'm up or down and if I'm up I work that much harder :)
  • i try to weigh myself at least once a week, either on a saturday or a sunday (switching sometimes). this week i'll weigh myself on saturday.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Every morning. I only start to panic if I'm 3 above goal. I've lost 200 pounds and fear it will all come back again so +3 is my limit.
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    I only weigh myself once a week or else I'll get obsessed with the numbers on the scale. I'm looking more for wearing smaller pants, not a smaller number.

First thing Friday morning, after using the bathroom, nekkid. Best way! lol