Will you be my friend? :3

Options
5'7" 27/f looking to loose between 40 and 50 pounds.

Used to be 250 lbs, started becoming mildly active 4 years ago by joining a gym 3 days a week and dropped to 215, I hovered there for a bit. About a year ago I kicked it up a notch, used a similar app on my iphone, and dropped down to between 175 and 185. Since October, I have not been able to stick to the regimen, as I have recently purchased and am living in a fixer upper. Between work, house work, no kitchen, and most recently the holidays, the past few months have been a long string of 2 meal days, usually pizza, with barely any exercise. :P

In any case, I have a kitchen now, the holidays are over, and I am anxious to get out of this rut. My scale is still packed away, but I am pretty sure I have packed most of the weight back on. I would like to get down to as least 160, 150 would be ideal.

I have no current friends or family in real life at all that are willing to help beyond a few phrases that sound like "OMG I could never eat salad" and "Ugh, I could never get on a treadmill" oh and when I did drop weight a few people went "How did you do it? Eat right and exercise? Oh..... *disappoint*"

I am looking for a friend or two to share my bumps, bruises, failure and success. Be it someone who is local and we can meet up, or if we can simply only offer internet support, that would be great too!

Message me!
-Deb

Replies

• boundlily911
    boundlily911 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm fairly new too, and always looking for more friends!
  • Haro_Kiti
    Options
    I'm another newbie and without a doubt will be needing help to push me to keep at this! So I will be more than happy to help others to do the same. :)
  • caczyze
    Options
    I was in a similar situation with loosing weight. I was 238 and was able to drop myself down to 215 and was doing well. Unfortunately i was laid off and that emotionally set me back and gave me little will to take care of myself and i gained most of it back. My friends are the same way. They want to support me, but do not participate or encourage me. I'll be here to offer you support if you could do the same for me :) I would love to have the same success of dropping down 175 like you did.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request :)

i'm 28, looking to lose about 30 lbs, currently i'm 178-180 (christmas has taken it's toll), hoping to end up around 150 just like yourself.
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    Just sent a request. Welcome to mfp friend!!:smile:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Arrrr, PirateDeb. Here's hopin' you find a bounty of treasure and stuff here, and stuff! Arrrr! Best wishes, matey. :drinker:
  • Rookie1988
    Options
    Welcome!
    You can add me if you would like. I am a bit older but looking at the same road bumps and goals.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    funny-pictures-pirate-kitten.jpg
  • CMaeFair
    Options
    I too am just beginning at loosing the weight that I regained a while back . It is going to be hard, and without the help of someone who knows what youre going through to push you along... its hard to make it a habit and lose weight. Goodluck and I am always here for encouragement and to listen. I have no friends on here and without support... Im not sure I will make it. im sending you a friend request now!:)
  • Krootie
    Krootie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind a senior around, . . . please add me. I need to learn new eating skills - greens, greens, and avoid all my favorite foods. Did you mention pizza?? Well, that's one of them. Darn. . . .
  • vlohair
    vlohair Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...friends can make all the difference. Good luck!
  • LLaCaze
    Options
    Hi there, I am setting a similar goal... lose 40 to 50 pounds.
    I have tried the tracking thing for about a month now and I can definitely see a change in my appetite and salt and sugar cravings have gone down, but I need friend motivation too!
    I just ended a job that was rather sedentary and I really added to my waistline :(
    Time for a few changes... the big 40 is looming and I am looking for a new job and a Healthier Lifestyle!
    Let's motivate each other!

off to play a Wii Dance game with my daughter... it is moving and a lot of fun :smile:
  • brendabuckeye
    brendabuckeye Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I joined awhile back, but dropped out for awhile. Sounds like you are well ahead of me - great job so far!
  • EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I take any friend that needs support!! Feel free to add me!!