Do you enter your diary even if you go over??

Options
2»

Replies

• gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    If you are in a committed relationship...does sleeping with someone else make it OK if no one else finds out?

Seriously, commit and hold yourself accountable. Otherwise, you will always have an excuse.

omg so funny but so true!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Log it. As you might still be under for the week or month. and when you're not losing like you want to be, you'll look at your diary adn wonder why.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    hey guys

Well today I did finish my diary BUT ended up giving in to crisps :/ Lots of them so ended up eating 1000 cals over my 1200 that I should be having can't believe how easy it is to go over so much! First day I have ever finished my diary and I feel a tad disappointed but at least I hVe entered it and seen what I have done - is that a start? As I would normally ignore it and not track!

Does anyone know where I can find a diary for meal planning??

Lou xx
    Of course!
    But if you don't need accountability, make your diary private.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Yes and I leave it public. That way my friends can kick my butt (gently) from time to time to keep me on target. Being honest with yourself is key. It helps keep me focused and helps me see any trends that may need nipping in the bud. :drinker:
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Yep, I log the good, the bad and the ugly. Only way I can keep myself from going completely backwards. :frown:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    log every bite ;-)
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Definitely, it's all about being accountable for what you do.

It's ok if you go over sometimes though, being too strict is going to lead to massive bingeing and that'll be even worse. Just get back on course the next day and pretend like it never happened :) We all have those days.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    log every bite ;-)

I must say though, I have skipped a few days occasionally and once or twice just quick added tons of calories
  • lolathompson
    lolathompson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I admit, I don't log the small halloween candies I have around. Bad me!
  • karenf289
    karenf289 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Always enter everything, you're just fooling yourself if you dont. If you go over one day just try harder the next not to :bigsmile:
    A little of what you like is okay, and treat yourself at least once a week :drinker: , it helps quash those cravings.
    You can plan for each day at breakfast if it helps.
  • Kilter
    Kilter Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Log everything.

I go over by a few calories here or there about 50% of the time. I do know that I used to go over by a few hundred when I wasn't tracking all the time.

For sure the tracking makes the difference.

S
  • cassuccino
    cassuccino Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I try to log it all. Like someone else said, it holds you accountable and it all really counts in the long run. Try logging most of your food... then click 'complete' and then add more food and click 'complete' again... your weight should change (the 5 week estimate as to what your weight will be provided by MFP). I forgot to add a half a packet of Benefiber (sugar free drink mix with fiber) and when I added it, it added an extra ounce or whatever. Yeah, that's not a big deal but it definitely adds up over time. =)
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    My body knows, so yes. Who suffers if I don't? Me. I went almost 1000 calories over for Christmas, but if I hadn't logged it, it either:

a. Would have been more.
    or
    b. I would have thought it was more and beaten myself up for it

Also, if I hadn't logged the free cookie they gave me at Mr. Goodcents today (WHY is it only when I try to lose weight people want to give me free food?) I wouldn't have discovered it was 340 calories...as much as the sandwich! Now I know to say "no, thank you," next time!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I track everything. Sometimes I'm over, sometimes I'm under. It seems to help keep me on track.
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    When I log, I will log every bite (or swallow). There are days that I just don't have time to log, so I don't. However, I find logging much more effective and should be more dilligent about continuously logging my food intake in the new year.:blushing:
  • louiseburrows12
    Options
    Thank all you lovely people for your honest and motivating replies :-) hope your all ok xx
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Thank all you lovely people for your honest and motivating replies :-) hope your all ok xx
    I'm doing great. Thanks!
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I just spent a lot of time writing down the things I liked, tolerate and hated, and pieced them together. Also, Special K makes a lot of good snack items...

I log every day no matter what.
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I always log the food, so that my daily numbers and weekly averages are correct.

If I'm particularly un-proud of the day, sometimes I won't click the "complete" button, so that my diary doesn't get announced on my friend feed, but the info is still there.