how often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I am throwing this out there just to see what everyone does. I like to weigh myself first thing every morning. Even if I only lose a tenth of a pound. It still makes me feel good. Anyone else?

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    every day, first thing, nekkid, after going to the bathroom. Then I go write it on the calendar :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    re-post!
  • tinydancer24
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday first thing in the morning but I only log in on Friday's. It helps keep me in check, usually a 1 lb gain is just water retention so I make sure to drink more water taht day. It seems to work. :happy:
  • puzzlingkirsten
    puzzlingkirsten Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning after using the washroom. I currently weigh twice a week (Mondays for a challenge from a different site, Tuesdays for my personal weigh). I used to weigh daily, but I found the up and down that occurs with our bodies just really made it hard.
  • puzzlingkirsten
    puzzlingkirsten Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Oops, double post. :P
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    1st thing in the morning! But I do only "check-in" my weight weekly. When I'm feeling REALLY skinny in the middle of the day, I cannot resist stepping on the scale but it means nothing. Sometimes it is less, sometimes it is more.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Almost every morning...
  • ehunte
    ehunte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    every day, first thing, nekkid, after going to the bathroom. Then I go write it on the calendar :)

Ditto for me!
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    First of the month first thing in the morning after i use the bathroom
  • tycusjay
    tycusjay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Every Friday morning, 6.30am, after going to the bathroom and before breakfast.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Every morning.

I really should start tracking it...
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Every Monday night at the gym.
  • kysassyblonde1
    Options
    Every morning as soon as I get up. This is not the idea way but it keeps me motivated. I only log if I lose a half pound or more!
  • sertcelik
    Options
    Everyday. :)
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. I do occasionally weigh other days, but I really try to keep it to those 3 other wise I find myself getting overly obsessive.

I log weights on Monday :)
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I use to never weigh myself because the slight fluctuation irritated me and had me throwing in the towel numerous times. My husband gave me a great idea that has helped me....

I weigh myself in the morning when I get up then again in the evening just before bed. This lets me know what I ate during the day that could have contributed to a huge weight gain. I go by the numbers in the AM as actual weight loss or gain.
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I too weigh every morning ,,,I like to know when I'm up or down and if I'm up I work that much harder :)
  • Cassandra__Marie
    Options
    i try to weigh myself at least once a week, either on a saturday or a sunday (switching sometimes). this week i'll weigh myself on saturday.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I only start to panic if I'm 3 above goal. I've lost 200 pounds and fear it will all come back again so +3 is my limit.
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week or else I'll get obsessed with the numbers on the scale. I'm looking more for wearing smaller pants, not a smaller number.

First thing Friday morning, after using the bathroom, nekkid. Best way! lol