Cooking Challenge: Pumpkin

Options
13»

Replies

• inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to egbkid for her pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!!
    Make sure you enter the turkey challenge: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/137554-cooking-challenge-turkey
  • olso123
    olso123 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    bump
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin sherbert: 2 1/4 cup 1% milk, 1/2 cup + 2tbsp sugar, 1 cup pumpkin puree, 2tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, pinch of both clove and salt. Mix milk, sugar, and pumpkin and bring to a boil, turn to low and simmer 30 seconds. Add spices, salt and vanilla. Place in refrigerator till cold. Put in ice cream maker and run till firm. Recipe from Skinnytaste.com. Serving 1/2 cup, calories 153, 1.2 g of fat, 4.1 protein, 31 carbs, 29.1 sugar Tastes like pumpkin pie in a ice cream.
  • chubiD
    chubiD Posts: 260
    Options
    bump

I didn't know about this challenge and I'm loving it already! Kudos to whoever came up with this great idea :)
  • OhThatBlonde
    OhThatBlonde Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I didn't know about the challenge either; but I think this is a GREAT idea. I'll def look for them in the future. Everyone's recipes looked soo yummy!! thanks
  • fancyacuppa
    fancyacuppa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I'm feeling all inspired! Will be doing pumpkin recipe research this evening
  • gloriapiz55
    gloriapiz55 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks
  • Runnerslove
    Options
    this is exactly what I am in the mood for, thanks!
  • Cara85K
    Cara85K Posts: 122
    Options
    bump. I love me some pumpkin!
  • peace_pigeon
    peace_pigeon Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I know it's over but this is too good not to share:

Curried Pumpkin and Coconut milk soup

2 cans of 100% pumpkin
    2 cans of coconut milk (you can use light)
    4-6 cups broth (chicken or veggie)
    2 shallots
    coconut oil
    1 tablespoon of chopped lemongrass
    1 inch (+ or -) minced ginger
    1 + 1/2 limes juiced
    3 tbl good quality curry powder
    salt and pepper to taste
    cilantro, roasted pumpkin seeds and plain greek yogurt to garnish

Saute minced shallots, ginger and lemongrass in coconut oil until tender. Add curry powder and saute, stirring on low for one minute. Add 1/2 cup of broth and scrape up any brown bits. Add the pumpkin and stir over low heat until well mixed. Slowly add broth and bring to a boil. Add lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Add coconut milk and bring back to a simmer. Serve garneshed with greek yogurt, roasted pumpkin seeds and cilantro. Enjoy!

When I made it last, I used regular coconut milk and it think it turned out to be about 265 calories per serving :)