What's your Shoe???

Options
I love to run .. but have had both ACL's replaced... looking for some good shoes, to workout in... what's your shoe???? and why???

Replies

• Momma2fourunder5
    Momma2fourunder5 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love anything Nike...Shox are by far my fav but they are expensive. I have a very high arch and they are the only shoe that I have plenty of support in. I also own a pair of Adidas, but when I wear them for running (only b/c they match what I'm wearing-haha) I always end up with cramps in my feet.
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm loving Asics right now. They are super comfortable and the first shoes I could run in w/out discomfort :)
  • versuga
    versuga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have a high arch too and my feet prefer Mizuno or Saucony
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Everybody's foot is different, I would definitely go to a running store and get fitted properly. You may end up paying full prize ($100+) for a pair of shoes, but then you know what to buy (online?) next time and you're less likely to end up with impact injuries from improper footwear.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I have the Saucony Grid Cohesion simply because the arch fits me like a glove.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I both invested in Brooks after we checked them out in a local Running store. They are light weight and very flexible. I hurt my knee while wearing a pair of Nikes and I have stayed away from them since, lol! I would look for them in town that way you can try them on and get a better feel of them on your feet.
  • twilight_princess
    twilight_princess Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have a trusted pair of Reebok DMX Foam, I got them 2007 but only properly started wearing them this year when I started my regimen. I have size 9 (UK) feet so for me to get a good pair of shoes without costing the Earth is great and they are so comfortable, like they were made for me.

I have just brought a pair of Asics Gel Trail, they should be good but I need to go for a few walks in them before I run.
  • twilight_princess
    twilight_princess Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Repost, sorry.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store, and pay the money, at least once. It made all the difference in the world to me.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Brooks is what I've worn for the past year, it's the best fit for my foot. I went with this shoe and style after going to a running shoe to get fitted with the right shoe. Looking to get a new pair next month. Usually I get 300 miles apx out of mine but use them for running plus the rest of my workouts.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Saucony Kinvara 2

They weigh nothing and have a minimalist heel which keeps me on my toes.
  • susanloveszumba
    Options
    i wear Montrails because i have a wide foot and have had several foot surgeries and they are comfortable whatever exercise i am doing. They are awesome from the very first day you put them on!
  • msjamartin
    Options
    Have worn Brooks for years and I've just switched to Ascis (Christmas present!!!) When I was very obese, Brooks were recommended for their support and they have the wide widths in many options. Now I don't need the wide width and Ascis has come highly recommended so I'm giving them a try as I begin to prepare for my first 1/2 marathon in June.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I suffered with injuries for months running in the wrong shoes. Come to find out I'm an over pronator. Go to a running store and let them analyze your run........it's totally worth it. I now wear a Brooks stabilizing shoe.......
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    New Balance 760's for running, and Vibram Five Fingers Bikila's for working out in and soon to be running in. Will run in the Vibrams only once the New Balance wear out.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I tested my foot and found my running shoe based on that.. I loooove my Saucony Progrid Triumph 7's! I've never had an injury, and mainly run with a neutral stride, mid-foot strike on pavement.
  • adrianneboyd
    adrianneboyd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I agree with versuga....Mizunos are my shoe! They're a little pricier but when you run in them, you'll know why!
  • Ripped365
    Options
    LaSportiva's Raptors...provides the comfort I need.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Definitely heed the advice to go to a running store for a proper fitting. Everyone's foot and gait are different. I ended up with Brooks Glycerin, while my daughter needed an entirely different brand. I'm a supinator and have big toes that curve up on the ends (tendon on top of the toe is too short) so I need a wide base of support and lots of toe room. My daughter pronates slightly, so we have vastly different shoe needs. It's worth the expense to get a proper fit.

Good luck!
  • tonid76
    Options
    I wear my five finger vibrams for weight training...and New Balance 749 for cardio/ waking & trying to run LOL