Question about protein shakes

Options
I bought 100% Whey Protien---vanilla flavor. how do you make it....I have never had it and I am going to give it a shot.

Do you use Water, Milk...ect. All answers are appriciated!

Replies

• TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    With Vanilla, I put it in a smoothie. I put 2 frozen fruits and a cup of juice in a blender with a scoop or protein powder.

For Chocolate, I mix it with skim milk.

I don't recommend mixing it with just water because it won't taste as good. Some people can handle it, but it isn't at it's best then, IMHO.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I mix with soy milk for a shake (any flavor). I also like half a scoop of vanilla added to a container of greek yogurt, with fresh berries.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I always make mine with milk. Sometimes I throw some fruit in there.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I make mine just with water - I need my calories for eating! Or I make protein porridge.
  • tsuriki
    Options
    I add just straight water to mine. Depending on what powder you get will depend on flavor. I love the flavor of my Intek :D.
  • chai_latte
    chai_latte Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I loved the vanilla protein whey powder- I used to mix with a cup of almond milk, 1 tblsp peanut butter/almond butter, and handful of spinach

the chocolate whey powder (pretty much the same) - almond milk, strawberries, spinach, nut butter etc.
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    1 scoop whey protein, 1 c almond milk, and handful of assorted berries + plain greek yogurt or 1/2 banana + 1TBLS peanut butter.
  • exiledfaith773
    Options
    It depends on the time as well. After work outs you want to do it with water since you want it to be absorbed quickly. If it is prolonged take it with soy milk or another type of slow processing protein.
  • GlimmerKing
    Options
    I just do water. If it has flavoring, in my opinion it doesn't need milk or anything else in it