Newbie on the long road to weight loss

Options
Hi lovely peeps x

I am new (obviously lol) and joined this website to start my long and hard road to weight loss. I hope to get to know lots of you and make some new lovely friends x

If there is anything you want to know about me, please feel free to ask lol I am just over 18stone 7lbs and know that my ideal weight according the the "normal" BMI for my height (I am 5ft 9inches) is 11 stone but that is never going to happen. I am trying to be realistic and aim to get to a size 14 / 16. I have always been large so not going for the "thinner than a toothpick" look :-D but I would like to feel confident in the clothes I wear and be able to shop in a supermarket without the dirty looks and hurtful comments x

Love Perkies x

Replies

• missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I just joined the website, too! I know that I'm looking forward to getting started and losing weight and feeling better about myself. I'd love to be friends!
  • perkies
    Options
    Ello me dear :-) It's always scary feeling starting a new website, especially one where it is so personal about our weight lol

Looking forward to getting to know you hun x
  • Imani79
    Options
    Good luck with your journey!!
  • perkies
    Options
    And you hun :-) Hopefully we will all get there together (and have some fun along the way) :-D
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    Options
    you can add me and welcome to MFP, be positive and be hopeful. you can do it and you will.

13651868.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • mamieblueeyes
    mamieblueeyes Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend for support :)
  • jla891
    jla891 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i am too!!!! I need to maintain logging into this site!! this give sooo much "encouragement". GOOD LUCK.
  • angoria
    Options
    Hello guys! My daughter got me into this trying to help me loose weight. She and her boyfriend use it and it has helped them alot. I am hoping for some good results. Best thing about this sight is that it makes you responsible for your own weight and doings. I hope to make some new friends and help and be helped. Nice to meet you all!
  • countrygal676
    Options
    Hi there! Where are you from? I don't know what a stone is! I'm in the US and we go by pounds. Welcome here! What plan are you following? i'm on the 17 Day Diet and have lost 32 lbs. since May. I hope to lose another 30 by my one year anniversary, and am confident that I can do it. You can do it too! Good luck! Nancy...aka Countrygal676:smile:
  • anewdana
    anewdana Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just joined this week as well, feel free to add me! :)
  • scarlet_1965
    scarlet_1965 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Journey won't seem so bad when you have lots of MFP friends watching out for you. Good to see how others cope with times like Christmas and birthdays. Remember to include NSVs (non scale victories) in your posts that make you feel good about your progress - smaller size clothes/faster walk or jog. Also good to join challenges such as "lose 10 pounds challenge in Jan". Good luck with your goals.
  • scarlet_1965
    scarlet_1965 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    A stone is 14 pounds :0)
  • dcarreno
    Options
    make it a life change not a road and you will do great!!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    welcome ALL! it's a fantastic website. add me if you like.