Coconut water

Options
Do you drink it? I just picked some up yesterday from the store and tried it for the first time today. It's....interesting.

Opinions?

Replies

• AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I drink it every once in a while.. Let's just say you have to aquire a taste for it...Coconut water can certainly be part of a healthy diet, and if you like the taste, then drink up. After all, it’s certainly better for you than sugary sodas. But can be a lil pricey ;)
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of regular H2O

so not on topic, but Tazo has some really good zero calorie teas (most teas have nothing in them anyway) though, so yeah :huh: :laugh:
  • snuffmomma77
    snuffmomma77 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like the coconut milk, havent tried the water.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    OMG coconut water is my favorite thing ever! But I have yet to find it for under $2 so I don't get much of it.
  • Kelly50054
    Options
    I agree with you. You need to aquire a taste for it. But the health benefits are awesome!
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    I did not need to acquire a taste for it.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    It's a natural laxative. That's all I know about coconut water, drank some in Haiti, it was okay, other people drank a lot, they probably won't drink it again.
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Lifewater has one out (in a blue bottle)....I wanted to try it, but tend to not drink ANYTHING with calories.
    What benefits does it have?
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    Hmm I have not noticed the laxative effect... how much can you drink before that happens??
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    It's a natural laxative. That's all I know about coconut water, drank some in Haiti, it was okay, other people drank a lot, they probably won't drink it again.

Ummm...Do you drink it, as in put it in your mouth for that "effect" or put it in a "special hose" and do a little jig?
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Hmm I have not noticed the laxative effect... how much can you drink before that happens??

A LOT. We were hiking a mountain path for a few hours to get to a church dedication, they were dehydrated and just chugging, it was a lot.

It was straight from the coconut, I don't know if that was part of it or not, but just another detail.
  • Sunshine155
    Sunshine155 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you don't like one brand, try another... they all taste different as far as I can tell. I like the VitaCoco the best and you can get it for a decent price at Costco and Amazon. Coconut water is a good source of electrolytes, so it's a great choice for after exercise. I've not noticed any laxative effect, but I'm sure, like anything else, it affects different people differently.
  • Hoaimy
    Hoaimy Posts: 16
    Options
    I love it. You can buy it cheaper in bulk at Costco.
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I think it's disgusting . Tastes like rotten fruits..
    I'd rather drink water.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    We drink it at our house. You need to read the label to make sure you are getting just coconut juice - not a bunch of added sugar.

We get a case at Costco for $12.99 (Sun Tropics brand) - just over $1 per large can.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    the best thing about coconut water is that's not a stupid banana.
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    gross lol
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    I love it. You can buy it cheaper in bulk at Costco.
    Ooh I will look for it! Is it the Vita Coco brand? That's pretty much the main one I see for sale anywhere. Goya sells a coconut water but it has added sugar which makes it too sweet.

I'm not sure what the benefits are. I think it has a lot of vitamin C, maybe potassium? I drink it for the benefit of it tasting amazing.
  • tlacount5
    Options
    Try the O.N.E brand with pineapple or mango...makes it a little better
  • tikikris
    tikikris Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Zoico is the best...try the chocolate flavor for a treat sometime. I don't drink it anymore, though, because I'm limiting my liquids to 0 calories.