Breaking bad thoughts

Options
HELP. I have been a member for some time and only managed to loss a kilo. I track and exercise and know that I am not perfect when it comes to some of my choices but I just don't change. I so desperately want ot loss weight and feel good about myself. I want to stand at the front of the class at the gym and actually be able to look at myself. I can't stand what I see but it just doesn't seem to help me get moving. I have come to the conclusion that I unable to loss the weight and I'm just going to stay this way. I don't want this. How do I change how I think?

Replies

• DaenerysT
    Options
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beck-Diet-Solution-Train-Person/dp/0848731735

i recommend this book. some of it is a tad patronising, but generally i found it really useful for addressing all those thought processes that were holding me up. i plan to restart it in the new year.
  • 01ddm
    01ddm Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will try and get a copy.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    When it comes to breaking bad thoughts, I find it helps me to dissect them - I write them all down, as honestly as I can, then maybe wait a while and come back to them. When I come back I have a good look at what I've written and think if it's really true or if there are mitigating factors and if I can think of any positives. You can think about how an outside person would view what you've written and whether someone who loved you would think or say those things about you. If not, don't say or think them, 'cos you need to love yourself!

It takes regular effort and practice to push out negative, untrue things and replace them with positive things. What about writing down some postives and put them on sticky labels around your house to remind you i.e. 'Other people bigger than me have managed to change, I can too' or whatever.

Also, have you got some people in your life (and/or God) that you can share some of your feelings with? Affirmation from other people helps, although it ultimately has to come from within.

Lastly, try to focus on the present day instead of feeling bad about the past or worrying about the future (I'm bad at this one, but I try to think 'Sufficient to the day is the trouble thereof' from the Psalms).

Good luck on your journey!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    HELP. I have been a member for some time and only managed to loss a kilo. I track and exercise and know that I am not perfect when it comes to some of my choices but I just don't change. I so desperately want ot loss weight and feel good about myself. I want to stand at the front of the class at the gym and actually be able to look at myself. I can't stand what I see but it just doesn't seem to help me get moving. I have come to the conclusion that I unable to loss the weight and I'm just going to stay this way. I don't want this. How do I change how I think?

I had this problem last week! I stopped looking in the mirror I was so upset at myself. I made small goals and started tracking everything! I find I cheat more than I say I do. I also need tons of cardio but not enough strength training. When I make goals/plan things go better. I'm one of those people who can't get off track more than 1 meal because I really let myself go. Don't give up keep going! Change up your workout or maybe your diet. Perhaps your body needs a kickin the butt!
  • 01ddm
    Options
    Thank you I might try that an see how I go. D
  • 01ddm
    Options
    Thanks and thanks being a friend.

I have started tracking again this week. Its not great but its a start. Plus I have booked in classes at the gym as they get me moving. I think its time again to start setting some goals and writing those bad moments down. D