metabolic typing

Options
I just read about this...I apparently need 20% carbs, 30% fats and 50% protein in my diet.....
Anyone had success with this? And if so...how on earth do I eat that much protein! AND keep the carbs down if I am eating more veggies?

Replies

• NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast, Whey Protein, Chicken breast, Tuna, Chicken breast, Lean beef, Chicken breast, Eggs oh and did I mention Chicken breast.

Tis easy really once you start remember its only 50% protein, so if your diet is 1500 cal's for example, you want 750 of that to be from protein sources, over 3 meals that only 250 cal's, Chicken breast give about 180-200 calories and should give you about 30g of protein, remember though the liver can only process something like 50grams of protein every 3hours I think it is, anything above and beyond is not needed and wasted....... according to some new studies but ill be honest Ive not researched to much into it.

Personally I use whey protein shakes after training, and then get the rest from my diet.
  • Sine688
    Sine688 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 lbs with Metabolic Typing. I was a member of another online site but they sold out to an MLM vitamin company so most of MT people left. I've been struggling since March to get back on track and I've gained back 10 lbs. There isn't very much support out there for this method of eating but it is the only way I have had weight loss success.

If there is anyone else out there who is a protein type and could maybe buddy up with me, I would be really grateful.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I just read about this...I apparently need 20% carbs, 30% fats and 50% protein in my diet.....
    Anyone had success with this? And if so...how on earth do I eat that much protein! AND keep the carbs down if I am eating more veggies?

meat and protein shakes.
  • Sine688
    Sine688 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Also eggs, cheese, fish, nuts, legumes...