"Mother Nature" and weight gain

Options
I've enjoyed the reponses to my post. Ladies, question...."mother nature" has visited and I'm afraid to get on the scale. In the past I've gained at least 3-4 pounds during her visit and get a little discouraged. Decided to weigh when she's gone. I have been consistent with my intake and continue to excercise, hoping this will help a little. Any suggestions for keeping or maintaining weight when she visits next month?

Thanks for your suggestions. :blushing:

Replies

• bbuchanan1
    bbuchanan1 Posts: 17
    Options
    I've enjoyed the reponses to my post. Ladies, question...."mother nature" has visited and I'm afraid to get on the scale. In the past I've gained at least 3-4 pounds during her visit and get a little discouraged. Decided to weigh when she's gone. I have been consistent with my intake and continue to excercise, hoping this will help a little. Any suggestions for keeping or maintaining weight when she visits next month?

Thanks for your suggestions. :blushing:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    eh, all i do is drink extra water. we fluxuate so much, us ladies. id say pick one day a week, or every 2 weeks to weigh in. dont stress too much on that TOM.
  • luckeyerica
    Options
    It's normal to have your weight either go up a little bit during "her" visit or to not show a loss. If you make it through your week doing what you normally do and then get on the scale after she is done with her visit you will see the results of the hard work you've put in during the week. It just might not show right before or during her visit. Don't get discouraged it happens to all of us! Just note at that time there might be a slight difference in your weight and keep doing a great job. It won't slow down your results!

Also if you get any cravings during that time I would suggest planning snacks ahead of time, so that way it will be plan friendly but still statisfy your craving! Hope this helps.

Good luck!:smile:
  • bbuchanan1
    bbuchanan1 Posts: 17
    Options
    Okay...I will wait to weigh in and watch those cravings! I have taken snacks to work with me and purchased some sugar free ice cream bars. Hoping my diligence through (my fabulous friends visit) won't add the pounds and show a decrease. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Thanks Ladies!