Not new, just returning. Need accountability.

Options
Hi everyone! I joined MFP some time back in the Summer of 2010, recorded for a while, slacked off due to my schedule, started back up again and did relatively well but then slacked off again. So.... Third times a charm?? Here's hoping, because between my busy schedule and plain old stress, I gained back all I had lost before and then some. I could use some support to help keep me recording my foods.

I'm hoping (but not expecting) for my schedule/workload to be lighter this coming semester. At least my upcoming schedule is around "normal" meal times, rather than running right through them. Depending on what the workload will be like, the schedule potentially allows time for me to be able to go on walks, and get back into a regular exercise routine.

I don't eat horribly, for the most part, but unless I stuff myself to misery or just eat crappy junk, I rarely am able to reach my minimum caloric intake. I'm a vegetarian, so the majority of what I eat is naturally filling and lower in calories than the average. I've been having digestive problems, which mostly I can chalk up to lactose intolerance. I drink Almond Milk or Soy Milk in place of regular milk to reduce the problem but I've got a horrible addiction to cheeses, which I'm trying to reduce. I still have digestive problems, but since I haven't been recording for so long I don't know how much of it can be blamed on the cheeses or if there is some other problem, like a possible Wheat or Gluten sensitivity. I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for the beginning of February and I have a list of problems to address. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out what the deal is. (Grossness warning stated as cleanly as possible), I need to figure out why I'm continuing to gain when nearly everything I eat is rapidly eliminated from my system.

Thanks for reading this far, sorry I rattled on.
Feel free to add me if you wish.
It'd be nice if I could find someone in my area to keep each other on track.

Thanks!

Replies

• emilysuzanne
    emilysuzanne Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hey Haven,
    Me too on the third times the charm... or 16th??!?! haha
    What are you going to school for?

My name is Emily and I'm the one doing the new Insanity program dvds. Just starting, so the goal is to stick with it. fo sho.
  • Its_My_Time
    Its_My_Time Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    :wink: You took the first step, returning! Good for you, you can do it! Great to meet you, I'm Sandy!
  • Haven74
    Options
    Hi Emily,
    I'm double majoring in Fine Arts and in New Media with a concentration in Graphic Design.

I'm not sure what the "Insanity Program" is (I'll Google it later), but I've seen the insanity that is P90x. I'm half considering trying it, but I'm sure I need to do some other intense but not AS intense program first to build up to it. Another program one of my friends had been doing, and was going to let me borrow before she had to move, was Metamorphosis (??). Good luck with the Insanity!
  • Haven74
    Options
    Thanks Sandy! I'm going to really try to keep up with this. I'm tired of being uncomfortable in my own skin, not to mention my own clothes! :wink:
  • kbeller88
    Options
    welcome to my boat lol...I did the exact same thing and I"m on my 3rd time as well. I'm finally on my last quarter til I graduate with my accounting degree.
  • jtdink1121
    Options
    Welcome back, you can do it this time :smile:
  • csmith4567
    csmith4567 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I too am re-MFPing after a break ... I only gained back 2 lbs before I said Whoaaa! and jumped back on the horse ... I did so well when I was being accountable! Final exams etc sucked my time and I got lazy, but I too ... am back.

You might want to try replacing some cheese with Veggie Slices and Veggie Shreds from Galaxy International (they are soy based) ... tastes like processed cheese, not perfect, but it helps with my personal cheese cravings.

Re: P90X ... there is a 10 minute Trainer program by Tony Horton that might work into your busy schedule ... no special equipment, just 10 minutes a day. I just downloaded it and intend to begin tomorrow.

Good Luck! Welcome Back! May you get into good habits and keep them!
  • DanikaDawn
    Options
    Same here! It's my second try, but I'm trying to stick to it!

Feel free to add me,

Good Luck!
  • Athena205
    Athena205 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm with you...just returning and would love some extra accountability. Feel free to add me. I've used P90X in the past and I would recommend "working up" to it. It's tough but worthwhile. This time around I'm trying some circuit training just to mix things up a bit. Good luck on your journey!
  • operavagabond
    operavagabond Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've been there. Lost a lot of weight 4 years ago and then gained it all back plus interest. I know how hard it can be start all over again. But I think having friends (and as you say accountability) might be helpful! Feel free to add me if you'd like. :)
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not alone. I just returned myself after a nice long break and more weight gain. It is so incredibly easy to let work and school get in the way of being healthy.
    So lets do it together!
    Good luck!
  • Haven74
    Options
    csmith4567 - I've tried those brands of alternate cheeses, and they were "ok". There is a brand called Daiya which is really good, especially the Mozzarella style shreds, but only one grocery store in my area carries it, and of course it's not one I normally shop at unless I'm on that end of town. Is the 10 minute P90x the same one that was on Dr. Oz today? If so, I watched that, and plan to go to the Dr. Oz site here in a bit. I did go look at the P90x program site, and read through the "fit test". Just from reading through it, I should be able to pass the majority of it, but I know right now there are at least a couple of the exercises that I just will not be able to do, due to reduced mobility in my lower back.

Thank you ALL for your words of encouragement and support! Good luck on your goals!
  • emilysuzanne
    emilysuzanne Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Haven, yeah today was my fourth workout. I've lost three pounds and am already way more flexible. I LOVE IT> :)
    Graphic Design sounds super legit. And way over my head especially with the double major...that's intense.. haha.