AAAAH!!!!!

Options
Today is St. Patrick's Day! :tongue: Today is my youngest son's birthday!:love: It's 9am and I can already see that i'm in trouble. He wants hamburgers for his birthday dinner! What he doesn't know is that i'm using have HB and half turkey:ohwell: I want to go to the gym, but the only time I can go is after he is home from school and then i'll feel guilty if i go because i'll be leaving him on his birthday! I'm okay with it all, just had to vent and let out the steam so I can move forward.

Replies

• tjblack
    tjblack Posts: 122
    Options
    Today is St. Patrick's Day! :tongue: Today is my youngest son's birthday!:love: It's 9am and I can already see that i'm in trouble. He wants hamburgers for his birthday dinner! What he doesn't know is that i'm using have HB and half turkey:ohwell: I want to go to the gym, but the only time I can go is after he is home from school and then i'll feel guilty if i go because i'll be leaving him on his birthday! I'm okay with it all, just had to vent and let out the steam so I can move forward.
  • scostello24
    scostello24 Posts: 126
    Options
    Girl, you gotta do what you gotta do. I sure your youngest will understand you being gone for an hour or so. I am sure he has got himself some new toys for his bday that can keep him plenty occupied. For the record one hamburger is not going to make or break you...so dont stress so much!!! You seem like you have your head right so keep it up!!! :smile:
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion... your kids should be your first priority no matter what. Being that it is his birthday, this is his/her day.

Both of my kids are older now, my daughter is in her third year college & my son a senior in high school... and to be quite honest, I'd add 200 pounds to my body just to get those younger years back.
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    sorry - I accidentally posted twice.
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Don't feel guilty about going to the gym! I know it's hard, but you're doing it so you can be around for him in the the long run, right? And as for the hamburgers, you can always eat a half, or only half the bun or no bun, or something like that to lighten the calories. He'll be so excited about his b-day that he won't notice what you're doing.

The toughest part for me would be the cake and ice cream...

Good luck and keep up the good work!
  • tjblack
    tjblack Posts: 122
    Options
    Thanks guys! It's great to be able to vent and not have to worry about what people think! Buttttttttt I forgot about icecream. :explode: Oh well, he wil so excited about green cupcakes and green icing to notice (i hope).

And guess what, Easter next weekend and the weekend after that is my oldest birthday! I'm just going to try not to gain this month and i'll be happy!

Have a good day guys:love::flowerforyou: :love:
    And Thanks!!!!
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I'm with Maweaver on this one. Can you plan on going to the gym early tomorrow morning or after your son gets home and do a bit more than usual? You could skip the ice cream and just go for the cupcake. Only eat half of your hamburger bun. You can save a few calories here and there and still celebrate with your son!:flowerforyou: