Women with large breast

Options
I need some serious help from the ladies with large breast. I would like to be more active in my workouts and really need some suggestions on GOOD SUPPORTIVE sports bras. The 3pk for $10 from the local department stores do not work. Help please!

Replies

• tundradarling
    Options
    I get my bras at Lane Bryant. I don't use sports bras because I feel like I don't get enough support. If I do, I wear my regular bra, with a sports bra over it. it helps me and I am a 40DD or 38DDD. Hope it helps. Good luck :)
  • tnvolsfan74
    tnvolsfan74 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain (I'm a DD). I found a great sports bra by Live Strong (or at least that is the logo on the front) at ****'s Sporting Goods. I bought it in a large, which is a tad too small, but it works! I can even do jumping jacks in it! Best of luck!!

LOL...it starred out the name of the store. Here's why and a hint to the name of the store - it is a proper name that is often used for a man's body part. LOL
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I use under armor compression sports bras, they work wonders. Surprisingly victorias secret had a really good shock absorbing sports bra but victorias secret runs very very small, so it takes some searching to find a bra that fits.
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    maybe try wearing all 3 that come in the pack! :)

I too am struggling to find a good supportive bra and I'm a 38F. Ive tried the "razor back" style sports bras but they KILL my shoulder blades!

i'd love to hear some more feedback. That doesn't require me to add "bulk" to the already "bulky" region of my upper shelf! :D
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    First I would like to do a *bump* for this topic. Then add to it, on the same topic.

My son's girlfriend says that she is a size J. I didn't know bras went that big!! Does anyone have any suggestions where she might be able to actually buy them.
    She has tried all the stores in our area (Nordstrom's, Macy's, Lane Bryant) & hates to go through the hassle of ordering them online in case they don't fit & she has to send them back. So, is that really her only option?
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I've never found anything with as much support as I want. So I wear two at the same time lol. It totally smashes them down and there is zero movement!
  • _Sonia_
    Options
    I'm using this one: http://www.figleaves.com/us/product.asp?product=Shock-Absorber-Run-Sports-Bra&product_id=BB-B5044&size=&colour=Black --it's amazing. Best sports bra I've EVER had, and I'm way above D in the alphabet! I also have an Elomi sports bra (from the same site)--it was good, but the wires dug into me a bit as I lost weight.

Just bear in mind that the site linked above is based in the UK, so sizing may be a bit different. Check the conversion charts carefully. Shipping to the US is cheap and returns are easy, but careful sizing is important! They have an incredible range of sizes though.
  • rossannapc
    rossannapc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, actualy im 38dd and i have problems with this too, but i found a great sport bra on oldnavy.com they work perfect for me on a smaller size! Good luck!
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    ENELL Sports Bras.....the best. The girls WILL NOT move!!!!! Worth the money!!!!!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Earlier this year I consider having a reduction. I wear a 40 DD and running was causing a lot of problems. After a lot of thinking and finding the correct bra I don't need to have it done. Well not till I get to goal weight then I'll see if I still need it. (insurance issues) I go to a local sports store (scheels). They helped find something for high impact and what others have said works. It's not the easiest to get in and out of but the pain in my back and shoulder area is much better. I'm running a half and full in January.

Moving comfort
    Juno
    (available in sizes 32-40 b,c,d, and dd)

The girls stay in place and best of all I don't have to adjust or hold them up while on a long run due to shoulder pain.
  • Prek2005
    Options
    I don't know your breast size, but I am a 44 DD and the best sport bra that I found is online at JCP it is called Glamorise Bra, No Bounce Back Close Sport. Great bra if you are jogging or running!
  • world2c
    world2c Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Trust me, it's so worth buying an awesome bra (even if you have to save for a month or two to afford one), especially if you are large chested and you plan on doing high impact activities. I have had pretty good luck with bras from Title 9 - three reasons and 7 wonder bra. I loved them. These work better for me for walking, hiking, and biking . I have used them to compete in a triathlon and two half marathons- - I think they were just getting a little worn out, and lost their suport on my most recent runs which is why I don't include running, but I have used them the past 5 years (replacing when needed). When my last set were dead, I decided to get specifically fitted for sports bras at a place near me and I can tell you it makes a huge difference on a 6+ mile run. The bras were pricy (about $70/bra), BUT the regular daily wear bras I have from them that I have put through the ringer have lasted almost 2 years. the kind I have are Freya's.

My advice, try one, see how it goes during your workout (you can't tell in the store), if you really like it, go back and buy 1 or 2 more.... Best of luck to you! and hopefully no more black eyes!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    ENELL Sports Bras.....the best. The girls WILL NOT move!!!!! Worth the money!!!!!

YES! Enell = awesome!
  • trac3
    trac3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Title 9 ~ they will hook you up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink: I used them for a long time, and at one point I was a 36DDD ~ they had one that kept things in place! I lost 13 inches in my chest and had a reduction at one point, so now a regular old Champion from Sports Authority does the trick, but man, I can (still) feel your pain! Good luck!
  • hollysensei
    hollysensei Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a DD, and I've run two marathons wearing two pull-over sports bras from WalMart. I've tried lots of different types of bras, the only way to get the support that I'm comfortable with is to double up...
  • hefinator
    Options
    I am a 44J - and its complete hell sometimes!! But I found a Champion Sports bra that I liked, but it has small plastic loops to connect the straps to the front of the bra. I broke off the plastic pieces and SEWED the straps to the top - I wear a regular bra UNDERneath it, and its been fantastic!!! my boobs don't move hardly at all - I can wear it to Zumba and still be comfortable!! I can't wait til my boobs are smaller again!! then again, I was still a DD when I was only 150lbs!
  • jaynewould
    Options
    I've tried the expensive department store/specialty bra shop ones, but have had way more luck finding ones that fit well enough (oh, 32F, a size that NOBODY MAKES) at Kmart or wherever and then wearing two at a time. Also, if it's not super-hot out, a really tight one-piece swimsuit kind of smooshes everything flat. I do this for field hockey and it works really well.
  • Dove1984
    Options
    I have found that at my local fashion bug they run bigger sizes that give decent support for being up and around. They also usually run a buy one get one half off on a regular basis. For serious running I would say double them but for me they work well and I'm a 36DDD.
  • JimieLou
    JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I buy mine at champion sports online (championusa.com)...they have sports bras for all support needs and are very affordable.
    They hold my DD girls in place
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I just got mine at walmart (sports bra) I honestly started out 48ddd as I lost weight they got a bit smaller 42dd now
    I usually just buy a size or 2 smaller for my workout bras just enough they don't cut off circulation lol
    I also get myself a back support from footsmart.com for like $35 for my back support so keeps me from hunching over and slouching =)