New here! I'm gonna lose it this time..but need friends

Options
Hi! Signed up with myfitnesspal in August but have never done anything with it. Today was my 1st real day of logging...I'm 41 weigh 180 I am 5ft 3in and my first goal is to lose 15 lbs. I'm looking for friends that can support me and I will do the same.

Thanks for reading!! :)

Replies

• HartsHeart
    HartsHeart Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Here for you!!!
  • addiesnana08
    Options
    I'm right there with ya. I'm been focusing on high protein and low cholesterol and carbs, but the scale doesn't want to cooperate. I keep wavering from being 100% that I want this surgery (almost done with classes) to can I lose the weight myself and still enjoy foods without limitations? We need the inspiration.
  • winslow44238
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. I'm trying to avoid diabetes, and working a pound at a time to get healthier. It's easier with friends as I have a few and it helps to see them encourage your progress.
  • 1chunckymonkey
    Options
    Welcome aboard, I just started the week before Christmas. I have dropped 5 lbs , it just makes me really aware what junk food I was putting in my mouth!! BE Honsest and put in all you are eating!!! In a few days, you will not want to type it so you wont it it!! :)
  • jessicaloubell
    jessicaloubell Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this very thing for only three days and you are so right! I too had no idea how much junk I was eating and over eating! I am being so careful now. Also, I have figured out that I can earn certain foods I really like as long as I burn off more calories than are in that certain food. Tonight, I really wanted a rice krispy treat at 150 calories. I got on my stationary bike and rode it for 20 mins (vigorously), burned over 300 calories and when I was done, 150 cals was a nice sweet reward!
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Prim here for you too.
  • FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    add me if you want
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me