HELP!!!!!

Options
I am new to this site and I am totally lost... I ate about 800 calories today.. My thing says I should be at 1400... Then I walked as I do every day and now it says my net is like 190.. What the heck does that mean? I am not suppose to walk??? Because now it is telling me to eat more... I'm so confused..
Goal Food Exercise = Net
1400 786 - 596 190

I had surgery so it is kind of tough eating sometimes. I do supplements with shakes and things to make sure I get my protein in just to try to stay healthy.. But to me these numbers are scaring me...

Replies

• MelissaWI
    MelissaWI Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    can someone please explain this to me :(
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It means you need to eat more to be healthy. Unless you are under doctors orders to eat such a small amount, it's pretty risky. Have a look at the "newbies read this" topic pinned at the top of this thread and you'll get all the info you need.
  • MelissaWI
    Options
    Thanks, My dr that did my surgery and the dietitian say at least get 800 calories in a day.... But they want me to try for 1200... I will do some more reading thank you... That is why they have me on protein shakes to make sure I am getting the proper amount in a day..
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Thanks, My dr that did my surgery and the dietitian say at least get 800 calories in a day.... But they want me to try for 1200... I will do some more reading thank you... That is why they have me on protein shakes to make sure I am getting the proper amount in a day..

I think you need to follow the Dr.'s orders. Eat between 800-1200 a day if that's what they told you after your surgery and the next time you can, ask your doc about calories from exercise.
  • MelissaWI
    Options
    I will for sure thanks, I never even thought of walking as an issue... Because they encourage you to do at least 30 min of exercise a day.
  • winslow44238
    Options
    It may be worth asking your doc if you should have ensure, or if there are other things they want you to have. You need to keep walking, but see about adding more protien shskes, maybe eggnogg or somehting to get the calories you need to recover from surgery first.

When your body is healing from something it actually burns more calories too. for instance, walking with crutches burns more than just walking.