I'm Frustrated & CONFUSED....need help from someone who has

Options
Hi. Today is the beginning of my 4th week with MFP. It put me on a 1200 calorie diet, which I've been following for the past 3 weeks, and I lost a pound the first and second weeks, but this past week I lost nothing! I'm so frustrated.
I also need someone to explain the calorie thing to me. How does a person lose weight if they exercise, but still need to eat the same number of calories? Say I burn 200 calories, my page says that i need to eat back those calories. How am I going to lose weight like that?
For you ladies, does your "time of the month" affect your weight loss? I thought maybe I have retained some water the past 3 days because of that. I don't know, I'm just trying to figure out what's going on. ???
Thanks in advance! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Replies

• momsie8
    momsie8 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi. Today is the beginning of my 4th week with MFP. It put me on a 1200 calorie diet, which I've been following for the past 3 weeks, and I lost a pound the first and second weeks, but this past week I lost nothing! I'm so frustrated.
    I also need someone to explain the calorie thing to me. How does a person lose weight if they exercise, but still need to eat the same number of calories? Say I burn 200 calories, my page says that i need to eat back those calories. How am I going to lose weight like that?
    For you ladies, does your "time of the month" affect your weight loss? I thought maybe I have retained some water the past 3 days because of that. I don't know, I'm just trying to figure out what's going on. ???
    Thanks in advance! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Please go to the discussion forums and read the post called "THE answers to THE questions" it explains the calorie deficit thing. 1200 calories works for some people. For others, it's too low, and their body actually holds on to the food and weight loss slows or stops. Everyone is different, and the body doesn't believe in math when it comes to this.

Also, the less you have to lose, the slower it will come off. Sad but true.

And, women (some not all) gain up to 5 pounds right before or during their "special lady
    time."

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions

:flowerforyou:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    You are doing alright. I personally don't gain weight during that time of the month. However I don't lose either and really don't lose for a week or so before. Just watch how your body works through that time of month and you will learn what to expect.

I am not good at explaining the calorie thing but I do suggest eating them.

Happy St. Patrick's Day
  • tcprfuz
    tcprfuz Posts: 3
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I am totally frustrated. I have been doing this for 5 weeks now and I have lost 2.5 pounds. I work out 5 days a week and get close to eating back all my workout calories. I am also on the 1200 calorie diet. I see a little bit of change in my body shape (my hips have thinned a little) but not much. I don't know what else to do. I know losing a little bit of weight is probably harder than losing large amounts of weight but this is kind of ridiculous. Also I know muscle weighs more than fat but like I said I'm not seeing much change in my body. I'm just at the end of my rope!! :explode:
  • stilistjen
    Options
    Keep up the good work! You're doing great : )

Exercise is an excellent way to keep your metabolism higher (besides keeping all your organs healthy). You want to replenish what you've lost during a workout so you don't lose muscle, just fat.

Yes, menstruation affects my weight. I try not to weigh in too often. Keep drinking the water.

Jenelle
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm by no means a fitness expert, but I do know you need to stick to your minimum number of calories. Otherwise your body will put itself in "starvation" mode and stores your calories (as fat) rather than burning them.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I just bumped up a post by oneradbrunett............did you guys know...........I had lost some weight and followed her instructions and it lowered my calorie intake.........why don't you give it a try and see if it lowers your calories. :smile: I have been folowing the plan faithfully and so far loosing the 2 pounds a week as I wanted and I do eat the exercise calories as well.